Work how does this

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fstnd

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
How does the Transformer work? I want to get 5v from my 8v battery. Luckily I accidentally ordered 3x5 circuits and not 3, like I thought I did. Already used up 6 circuits, how do these work?????? Where to attach what?

Pretty straight forward, the ground is common, I marked where to solder your 8V positive lead going in and 5V positive lead coming out, just don't forget to follow the instruction to cut the wire across the ADJ in the red circle and then solder a bridge to lock the 5V output

1709913070214.png

Question. Would a transformer be basically the same as a BEC? Cause you're transforming a bigger voltage to a smaller voltage (Ie 8.4v from battery to lets say 6v for the receiver and anything plugged into the receiver?) 🤔 Or am I getting this wrong?

Question. Would a transformer be basically the same as a BEC? Cause you're transforming a bigger voltage to a smaller voltage (Ie 8.4v from battery to lets say 6v for the receiver and anything plugged into the receiver?) 🤔 Or am I getting this wrong?

Basically Yes, it's cheaper to wire up the transformer yourself, but this BEC appears to be practically the same thing, but is already wired up with jumpers and connectors for convenience and offers 4A where the transformer above is limited to 3A load:
https://www.amazon.com/Henge-Adjustable-Switchable-Continuous-Quadcopter/dp/B08P8G8QTS/
1709913698658.png

Last edited:
Pretty straight forward, the ground is common, I marked where to solder your 8V positive lead going in and 5V positive lead coming out, just don't forget to follow the instruction to cut the wire across the ADJ in the red circle and then solder a bridge to lock the 5V output

View attachment 184117
Instruction unclear.
20240308_173111.jpg
(thing was already broken)
But the enable port does not get attached to anye wire? And what is there seriously to be cut

Instruction unclear.View attachment 184129(thing was already broken)
But the enable port does not get attached to anye wire? And what is there seriously to be cut

Dude, that photo made me LLOL... OMFG!

I don't have your transformer, I just read the instructions and they state there is a wire to cut, if the wire isn't there then no need to cut it, but you need to toss what you have in the trash and start over with a NEW transformer, ha!