WoodiE's Stampede 4x4 build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Velcro mod works great, i tried the pipe cleaner mod first on my Slash and ended up going with the velcro, seems to last alot longer, it really keeps the destruction to a minimum on the driveshaft and gears.

NICE BUILD!!!

Last edited:
The day has been a full day working around the house and even doing stuff for the office, but I was able to swing by the LHS before they closed and pick up my pinion gear for the build.

This evening I have the truck back together in working order... with all it's goodies :D

Here is a chassis shot of all the electronics installed. Castle 3800kv & Mamba Max Pro - held in place by the Snappy RC mount.

stampede-with-electronics.jpg

Few shots with the stock body, I've not even touched my new Chevy 2500 body yet.
stampede-with-body.jpg

stampede-with-body2.jpg

Though it's dark out I couldn't help but take it out for a quick spin... this thing is sick. PLENTY of power that's for sure. I'm ready to take it out tomorrow for sure and have some fun!

i was gonna go with the treanchers but all the lhs had was the badlands.and they are a grt-8 tire also.not as much rotating mass as the trenchers.but youe pede vxl should have no problems with them.can't wait to see some finished pics.,video's.

Hows the truck running Woodie? Lets see some video of this beast in action.

The Stampede is hanging in there very nicely. It's a blast to run and went through a few packs today actually... the neighbors kids was having fun watching it too.

I think I need to change up the pinion already, running stock spur with a 13 tooth pinion and the motor is nearly cold to the touch after running it through a pack.

Actually working on getting a review for a part or two using the Stampede so I'll have more pics to share sometime after this weekend. :)

Sweet build @WoodiE on that Pede. That's one I never was really interested in picking up, but now this build thread has really got me considering it. Now if I only talk the old lady into yet another model in my already crowded stable I'd be gold!:D. Can't wait to see the Chevy body on this bad boy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, Woodie built an RC and Rolex is threatening to run one of his kits with real nitro fuel......ITS THE BIG ONE ELIZABETH! I'M COMIN HOME TO SEE YA!!! ;)

Srsly though...nice look Pede Woddie!

Any updates on this, how's it running?

How the hell have I missed the kings build thread? This build looked fun as hell and very solid looking! New lid on her :D

Updates? What updates you want?

^^See the previous posts^^

Have you had any issues or done any other upgrades/mods? How's the Velcro trick holding up?

^^See the previous posts^^

Have you had any issues or done any other upgrades/mods? How's the Velcro trick holding up?
I could take a few pictures but the truck really hasn't changed. I've yet to paint the Proline Chevy body, mostly because I suck at the painting. Otherwise the truck is rocking. I think I need to change the gearing a bit as I believe the truck could be a bit faster as motor temps are pretty low.

Velcro still doing it's thing. I don't run my RC's through mud and water so I'm sure that plays a big part in it lasting as long as it has so far.