Winter project has arrived

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I understand sir! It doesn't look as scale as that kit though. I'm still up in the air about it, same with the light bar. Old bucket style, or new Rigid Industries style. The light kit I ordered comes with 6 extra 3mm white LEDs, which is perfect for a light bucket style light bar and cheaper, but the Rigid Industries ones look so cool.

I like the Pro-Line HID-type bucket lights. I used them on my SCX-10/JK project's "show" lid.

I like the Pro-Line HID-type bucket lights. I used them on my SCX-10/JK project's "show" lid.
Yeah I like that one too, but it requires 5mm LEDs. The kit I ordered has 2 5mm headlight LEDs and 6 extra 3mm LEDs for a light bar. Do you think there is a way 3mm LEDs can work with it? Also with light bar kit as there a way to make it bolt up to just the roll cage on the jk.

Ah, I thought you were wondering how to mount the IN that kit.
I reread my post and now I can see how you would think that. Sorry about that.

That guy has some nice very scale looking stuff, but I didn't see any light buckets or kits to make a taillight bucket. Am I overlooking something?

This guy is suppose to have what your looking for, but he's not finished his SCX parts list yet, I even read that he was suppose to do floor pan for the jk. I asked him a few Q&As he said to keep checking back for product updates.

http://rcaddict.us/store/

I just checked and I didn't see what I was looking for, I'll keep checking in the next week or so and then I'll just order the dinky RC kit.

I was just on the Axial site looking at light bars and they had a new floor board and wheel well kit. It was lexan and came clear to paint however you wanted.

Why can't you just get 5mm bulbs to fit the buckets? It has nothing to do with voltage, they would work the same.

but the Rigid Industries ones look so cool.
It's all about "Cool". Nothing else matters. It is more important to Look cool than to feel cool.

Last edited:
Why can't you just get 5mm bulbs to fit the buckets? It has nothing to do with voltage, they would work the same.

It's all about "Cool". Nothing else matters. It is more important to Look cool than to feel cool.

Yup I think I'm going to have to pick up a string of 5mm LEDs.

Well, if you've made your mind about the dinky kit, you could probably get it here: http://www.gcmracing.ca/index.php
It might get to you quicker, since they operate out of Ontario.

Yeah thats where I originally saw them and I'll probably end up ordering from, $11 to ship from eastern Ontario to central Ontario. Seems a little steep.

That does seem steep?!, when I ordered a transfer case, and motor plate for my R4 transmission, express shipping was $17.

Can't you just drive there and pick it up in person? Shouldn't cost more than a few liters of petrol, eh.

What! Oh, no, no, no, sir! Its a province, you can't just drive across a province, you have to make provisions first, food, clothing must be packed, and pets must be given extra food.....:p

There are no roads in the Great White North, only primitive reindeer trails. lol

Actually I remember that the roads in Ontario were better than some in Minnesota or Michigan.

Ontario is not a small province, that's about an 8 hour one way.

I border Michigan, hardly ever go over though. I'll tell you though your grocery stores have a way better selection.

And they don't have cows, they have eskimoos that don't give milk but, ice cream...

And were bilingual....everything we say in english has to also be said in fench, or we get a fine!

Back