Why Use Nitro??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skipper

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Since its every Nitro users nightmare when he goes to the LHS, and spend your allowence on a Gallon of 20% Nitro. Well i am going to fix that problem. Back in the 60's people used to run Pure Alcahole in there Muscle Cars. All they had to do was Replace the Carburetor or Twitch the spark to work with the Alcahol. Well whats the big deal lets see, you can order a 40 gallon drum of Alcahol for 50 Bucks!!!!!! Think of the Running time you can have. So when i go to work after X-Mas (work at a Auto garage) I'm gonna ask the mechanic i work with who use to run Alcahole in his car and still does, what i will need to do to the carb. on my T-Maxx. I will include full list of things to do when i get done. And will include pictures of it running. And your probably wondering well what happens to the glow plugs. Well Alcahole burns super clean, NO emmisions what so ever. So it would improve the life of the Plug. Plus Burns cool so no over heating problems. I think if this works I'm going to be putting Nitro Gas company out of buisness! :)

interesting idea but not sure it will work

first of all, you can't run pure alcohol, what about lubrication that our little glow mills need?

What about the synthetic oil and castor oil? how are you going to get that? and at what cost?

there are many other questons you have to ask yourself and have the answers for before you can just say.... I will run pure alcohol

Running straight alchohol is not a good idea. first refering to FT's reasons, no lube= instant blown engine second yes pure alchohol burns cleaner, but also creates twice the power. With forged internals, lubrication system that is liquid cooled. And a electronic air to fuel mixing system you could do it, but your talking alot of money. No engine out on the market is designed to modify in this manner, so you would have to start from scratch. I would love to see it, but I wouldn't want to fund it.

Yes, your both right, but I'm willing to do the research on it. I'm gonna have to go through some complications like the no oil, and the lubrication like you both mentioned. But ill come up with something, as for money goes, it could be little as nothing if your mechanicaly inclined and have parts for real cars and all that laying around. And flattop you mentioned the oil cost, you can get that at any auto shop like pepboys even sears ect.. little as 2 bucks a quart. Well I'm gonna study more on it ill keep ya guys up-dated

well my uncle runs methonal in his racecar and it will work in little engines i tried it once... it worked and its 120 a 55 gallon drum

very good idea, I'm here to support ya all the way. Seriosly tho, this could put odonnels outta buisness:devious:

:) That is a cooooool idea!! I hope that it works!!!! MMMMMMMM more power!!!!!:banana: Good luck!!

Originally posted by Skipper
And flattop you mentioned the oil cost, you can get that at any auto shop like pepboys even sears ect.. little as 2 bucks a quart.

I agree that you can get the oils needed, but will pepboy's and sears have the right kind of oils?

not just any oil will do, I use pure castor oil made by Sig, does the automotive shops have the hobby grade oils with no added ingredients?

Yes, pretty much any automotive retailer will have the pure castrol oil.

If you get it to work great:classic: But there is one big thing you will have to over come alcahol and oil dont like to mix. What I'm saying is its like oil and vinegar they will start to seperate real fast after you mix them.

I ran my old trx pro on many things. Denatured alcahol, Rubbing alhahol, Hydrogen peroxide, Denatuerd alcahol and octane booster.. all wihh no pipe, or air filter heh.. no car either, just some pliers. it will run on alcahol no prob, just mix some oil and re tune:D

This is gonna be pretty cool if this works, Box it up and sell the "Secret" nitro mix for more power! Make some bills!

Originally posted by nitroboy543
I ran my old trx pro on many things. Denatured alcahol, Rubbing alhahol, Hydrogen peroxide, Denatuerd alcahol and octane booster.. all wihh no pipe, or air filter heh.. no car either, just some pliers. it will run on alcahol no prob, just mix some oil and re tune:D

How long did your engine last after you ran it???
And running hydrogen peroxide eats your engine it gets its expansion from reacting with the alloys that your engine are made of. Hydrogen peroxide is used as a fuel in some types of engines but, and this is a BIG BUT only as a one time run fuel.

Hunter,
the engine was realy worn out, and i was just messing around with it. plus i cut the chorme when i was porting it, whoops:lick: anyway, it still runs, but it needs a new carb o ring kit

Yes, you can mix your own fuel but it won't nessesarily have all of the additives it really needs. Some castor oils such as Koltz brand has the corrosion inhibitors added but it cost like 5 bucks a half a quart. I run airplane model fuel in my OS-RG .21 and it runs fine with it. By the way, someone mentioned a concern about oil mixing with the alcohol, castor oil mixes right in with no trouble, I've added it to fuel before, it's regular oil that can't mix in.

Mixing fuel from scratch, you should add 1.28 ounces of oil for every 1 percent increase of oil content per gallon, the same goes for the nitro-methane you may want to add. BTW, pure nitro-methane cost about $35.00 a gallon or so.

8-0 :OMG: @#$*@&&*%$^@ 35 dollars a #&^@&# gallon!?!?!??!? #&@^%^&$*!&^#* WTF &@&^$*&@#

Back