why does my motor twitch?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

majin

RCTalk Talkaholic
Supporter
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder

video shows what issue is, is new hobbywing quickrun fusion pro, on element ecto. with a 3s lipo.
when i let off the gas, the motor just twitches a little on me ( whats with my trucks parts always wantin to twitch????

Where is your throttle trim set at?

You just answered it in your vid after I asked lol.

Hmm. Never seen that before.

Last edited:
First step would be to contact Hobbywing and explain things to them.

I don't know about everyone else, but I never have radio right next to RC when adjusting things. Start from beginning. Rebind rx/tx, and setup/calibrate ESC throttle settings.

First step would be to contact Hobbywing and explain things to them.

I don't know about everyone else, but I never have radio right next to RC when adjusting things. Start from beginning. Rebind rx/tx, and setup/calibrate ESC throttle settings.
Good suggestions. I forgot majin is kinda new.

Did you calibrate your ESC @majin ?

yes learning still. no i am waiting on the program card, its supoposed to be here in a few days. so that is not normal behavior then, dang
You don't need the programmer to calibrate the ESC. Read your instruction manual bro. It's all in there. Kinda Chingrishy, but if you need help just ask.
Screenshot_20240331_091109.jpg

I kinda take it for granted people know this stuff already, yet I know a lot of new people don't. You also need to check/set your servo endpoints as well. There are usually YouTube videos on how to do that for just about any radio. Even stock ones that don't have endpoint adjustment will often use the dual rate knob (D/R on most radios) to adjust it.

With stock radios, turn the steering all the way right. Adjust the dual rate so the servo stops just before your steering lunkage binds up. Turn the steering left and repeat. Not sure if that is how the stock AE controller handles it, but thr that if you can't find a video.

Last edited:
You don't need the programmer to calibrate the ESC. Read your instruction manual bro. It's all in there. Kinda Chingrishy, but if you need help just ask.
View attachment 186900

I kinda take it for granted people know this stuff already, yet I know a lot of new people don't. You also need to check/set your servo endpoints as well. There are usually YouTube videos on how to do that for just about any radio. Even stock ones that don't have endpoint adjustment will often use the dual rate knob (D/R on most radios) to adjust it.

With stock radios, turn the steering all the way right. Adjust the dual rate so the servo stops just before your steering lunkage binds up. Turn the steering left and repeat. Not sure if that is how the stock AE controller handles it, but thr that if you can't find a video.
i did all this when i installed it, when i said i didnt calibrate it i meant i had not used the program card yet (waiting on it) so i misspoke, yes its been calibrated. no its not been programmed

Another thing I just thought of, but probably won't make a difference... turn off the gyro in the receiver if it is equipped with such a "feature".
its a dumbo rc with no gyro, says on box no gyro, we checked for this when my servo was doing a jitter thing, turned out i had waterlogged that servo and it was on its last leg. npoint being no there is definately no gyro

Another thing I just thought of, but probably won't make a difference... turn off the gyro in the receiver if it is equipped with such a "feature".

I hope you get things worked out. That little back, and forth movement would drive me nuts.

i did all this when i installed it, when i said i didnt calibrate it i meant i had not used the program card yet (waiting on it) so i misspoke, yes its been calibrated. no its not been programmed

its a dumbo rc with no gyro, says on box no gyro, we checked for this when my servo was doing a jitter thing, turned out i had waterlogged that servo and it was on its last leg. npoint being no there is definately no gyro
Ohhhhh. Yeah, the twitchy Dumbo. Waterlogged servo... I bet your Rx is actually the culprit. Try that old servo on a different radio? Sorry, I've slept since then.

I hope you get things worked out. That little back, and forth movement would drive me nuts.
its killing me, my ocd is in overdrive lol cause i know its doing it. I'm waitng on response from hobbywing, but it being zombie jesus day and a sunday ima hafta wait a bit.

Ohhhhh. Yeah, the twitchy Dumbo. Waterlogged servo... I bet your Rx is actually the culprit. Try that old servo on a different radio? Sorry, I've slept since then.
i tried the servo on 2 other trucks and it does nothing, killt it properly i guess, I've taken it apart and looked at the gears but since I'm really just LOOKING at hem and not fully comprehending them i have learned very little lol, well i know a little more about how a servo works but as far as making that one workl again.... thats above my current paygrade.
ill swap out my rx after the family time and see if the culprit is the rx, thanks for the direction

its killing me, my ocd is in overdrive lol cause i know its doing it. I'm waitng on response from hobbywing, but it being zombie jesus day and a sunday ima hafta wait a bit.

i tried the servo on 2 other trucks and it does nothing, killt it properly i guess, I've taken it apart and looked at the gears but since I'm really just LOOKING at hem and not fully comprehending them i have learned very little lol, well i know a little more about how a servo works but as far as making that one workl again.... thats above my current paygrade.
ill swap out my rx after the family time and see if the culprit is the rx, thanks for the direction
It may have been your Rx that killed the servo bro.

Is this the same truck that had twitchy servo? If it is I'm thinking you might have something wrong with your Rx/Tx.

Is this the same truck that had twitchy servo? If it is I'm thinking you might have something wrong with your Rx/Tx.
yeah it is on the same truck, I'm gna order a new controller friday

DDF-350 with X10F RC Radio Transmitter and Receiver 10 Channel HD Screen 10CH Remote Controller for RC Car Truck Crawler Boat Tank​

it has good reviews anyways. that or a flysky,, i keep getting confused on the flyskys for some reason as the brand will change often, it will be like billdong flysky or sangjo flysky things like that
I'm totally open to suggestions, just trying to keep it at under 100 or at 100 if possible

DDF-350 with X10F RC Radio Transmitter and Receiver 10 Channel HD Screen 10CH Remote Controller for RC Car Truck Crawler Boat Tank​

it has good reviews anyways. that or a flysky,, i keep getting confused on the flyskys for some reason as the brand will change often, it will be like billdong flysky or sangjo flysky things like that
I'm totally open to suggestions, just trying to keep it at under 100 or at 100 if possible
Get away from Dumbo brand. The name alone should be enough to scare ya off 😆

The Flysky GT3B is a great radio for the money. $40 or less. The reason the brand name seems to vary is because Amazon sellers like to imply the radio is their brand. Just ignore that. Those idiots do that with everything on Amazon.

If you want a 4 wheel steering feature for future projects, check out the GT5.

The Flysky GT3B is a great radio for the money. $40 or less. The reason the brand name seems to vary is because Amazon sellers like to imply the radio is their brand. Just ignore that. Those idiots do that with everything on Amazon.

ngl, the name sketched me out major, but I'm a classic victim of good marketing lol, seend so many positive reviews i gave it a try, thanks for the heads up on the branding stuff i was nervous about geting some weird off brand generic version, ill be sweitching over to the flysky for sure.

ngl, the name sketched me out major, but I'm a classic victim of good marketing lol, seend so many positive reviews i gave it a try, thanks for the heads up on the branding stuff i was nervous about geting some weird off brand generic version, ill be sweitching over to the flysky for sure.
Flysky has higher end models too. Get whatever your budget allows and has the features you want. Post what you find here and ask questions before you buy. A lot of us here have the GT3B though and love them, and I've not heard a single complaint. For what it costs, it's a no brainer, if only for a backup radio to have just in case.

Well, now. Water being introduced into the equation... that clears things up on direction you are needing to go.
After being in the hobby awhile, a person tends to accumulate things for backup/testing purposes.

I was trying to explain this very branding subject to someone yesterday when they asked about Zosky, Annimos, "no name" servos. And the GoolRC, Goolsky branded Noble NB4 radios and other FlySky products.

Last edited:
heard back from hobbywing gonna give this a try in a few hours see if it works
HW Support MC
(HOBBYWING)
Apr 1, 2024, 7:43 AM PDT
Hello John,

Thank you for contacting HOBBYWING North America customer care.

Based off the video, I would recommend doing the Automatic Motor Pairing Process.

AUTOMATIC MOTOR PARING (FUSION).
  1. Remove pinion gear, and throttle plug from receiver (DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP)
  2. Plug in battery
  3. Press and HOLD the power button until the flashing red LED turns to a green flashing LED. (about 8 sec)
  4. Release the power button and the Automatic Motor Paring will spin the motor. Once the process is complete the Fusion will automatically reboot itself.
  5. Follow Calibration proceedure below.

Throttle Calibration. w/only power button
  1. Make sure your radio is bound to the receiver
  2. Set your EPA to 100% and any throttle trim is set to neutral.
  3. Turn on Radio, plug in battery and press and hold the power button. BE SURE TO RELEASE THE POWER BUTTON AS SOON AS THE ESC STARTS TO FLASH AND BEEP.
  4. With the throttle in the neutral position press and release the power button. The ESC will flash and beep once to confirm. (If it does not please turn off ESC and go back to step 3)
  5. Pull the throttle to full throttle, and hold while you press and release the power button to set the full throttle position. The ESC will flash and beep twice to confirm. (If it does not please turn off ESC and run Servo TEST)
  6. Push the throttle to full break, and hold while you press and release the power button to set the full break position. The ESC will flash and beep three times to confirm.
  7. The ESC should reboot, and you should have normal operation.

If both of these processes do not resolve the issue, you may want to set the Neutral Range in the programming to wide (12%) as your transmitter may be outputting signals outside of the saved neutral range.

Let me know how you make out.

Back