Why do we beat the crap out of our cars

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srusinek

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Just a rant about what I see everyday. It seems to me that some people like to neglect their vehicles which cost us more in the end. People not rotating their tires, not changing an air filter when you can no longer see through it, and having no idea that your vehicles car inspection is past due for like almost 6 months. Am I saying that you should do every service that you can do to your vehicle? No. All I'm saying is that take care of what you have and it may last you and save you some money in the process. I understand that people lease cars to not have to worry about maintenance to an extent but it's the other people that just annoy me. They have a 2007 or older car that just needs maintenance but it's often overlooked due to a various reasons. So I must ask the question: Why beat the snot out of our cars when in the long run it can save us money by not having a car payment?

NONE of my RCs have ever been neglected or ignored...not even the ones I've actually run. :D

That is so freakin Peachy keen! :D

I used to ask myself that very question..... We spend so much money on these rigs that punishing just seems wrong. Then yesterday as my buggy was cartwheeling down the front straight I answered my own question... because it is Neat-o!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm, I agree and can't stand when people neglect their rigs, I have a buddy I used to go crawling with often, whenever I could hit a line but he couldnt, he would get mad & either kick, stomp or throw his rig across the hillside. To me that bugs me just for the fact that the rig he is abusing, was my very first RC scaler and I had alot of love for it.
----

Rolex, you actually have rigs you run outdoors? WHOAH! :hehe:

As I've gotten older, I realize that vehicles aren't throw-away items and they are expensive to replace. I am not the best at doing my oil changes exactly on time, but I do get them done.

Hmmm, I agree and can't stand when people neglect their rigs, I have a buddy I used to go crawling with often, whenever I could hit a line but he couldnt, he would get mad & either kick, stomp or throw his rig across the hillside. To me that bugs me just for the fact that the rig he is abusing, was my very first RC scaler and I had alot of love for it.
----

Rolex, you actually have rigs you run outdoors? WHOAH! :hehe:

Now I don't agree with the kicking and throwing your rigs around... but hard racing to me isn't neglection, but what they were made for. I mean if you saw me drive you might think I was abusing the rigs... but I do try to keep up with maintainence and I do take the rigs down and clean them up after a day at the track.... especially the nitros and my OS .30 I ran yesterday got a healthy dose of after run last night. I definitely don't go out of my way to abuse them... but I have broken parts while out racing and bashing.

Kinda talking about real cars but I do see pics of used rcs that just looked abused on ebay. To me not cleaning your air filter, leaving fuel in your tank and not doing after run maintenance of any kind is abuse in my book.

Kinda talking about real cars but I do see pics of used rcs that just looked abused on ebay. To me not cleaning your air filter, leaving fuel in your tank and not doing after run maintenance of any kind is abuse in my book.

I got ya... my bad. I thought you were speaking of RC. As far as 1:1 I am a firm believer that grease is cheaper than parts, and that proper maintainence will lead to many years of driving pleasure.

I beat on a 98 Mitsu. Eclipse, 3 months later, blown tranny and a dead cylinder. The only car that I could really push to the limit with no affect of abuse, was my Subaru WRX, that car could do anything at any cost.

Yeah them suby's are like tanks. me and a few of my friends when I was younger each had a suby for out in the woods and fields.. and we kept up with the oil and all that and those things went through what ever we threw at them out there!!! we were 10- 14 and we kept up on those the whole time we had them...

but yeah it saves so much money to maintane your vehicles and you rc's!!! all I know is any vehicle I have ever neglected (I wanted to kil them) ended up dead!! same thing with rc's we were all kids once but then you grow up and realize it isnt worth buying the same thing more than once....

same thing with rc's we were all kids once but then you grow up and realize it isnt worth buying the same thing more than once....

Unless you dont mind breaking something on the rig:)

yeah but we all aim to try and get the longest runtime we can.. so I guess I would have to rephrase and say most of the time you dont want to have to buy the same thing more than once.. l.o.l.

I guess the more I think about it we all by the same part probly 20 times in a year to couple year period... so it is inevitable you have a toy you need parts for it..

True indeed, whenever I ran my crawlers on the rocks, if I took a tumble at the end resulting in a stock piece breaking I considered it a good day, because I was having fun, and the piece is not replaced by stock.

So I must ask the question: Why beat the snot out of our cars when in the long run it can save us money by not having a car payment?

Why buy a car at all, ride a bike and really save some money

I beat on a 98 Mitsu. Eclipse, 3 months later, blown tranny and a dead cylinder. The only car that I could really push to the limit with no affect of abuse, was my Subaru WRX, that car could do anything at any cost.

I LOVE my WRX i wash it, change the oil and rotate the tires and thats about it. I run it hard everyday and it comes back for more, this was my first subaru and if i sold it today i would be at the dealership in the morning buying another.

Last edited: