Who was wrenching today??? What did you do??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hoping to find out tomorrow, they feel pretty good.
b1fc6c64-3c52-4bcb-8667-2b6dd01987f5_text.gif

Today I did a boredom build and threw together some 1/24 parts.
I had the carbon fiber chassis so I decided to cut out some lexan and paint it up and cover the carbon fiber.
I think it looks pretty cool but I need new shocks, these shocks suck.
It's not going to stay this way, I was just bored and needed to get out of my chair for awhile.

IMG_1445.JPG

IMG_1446.JPG

IMG_1447.JPG

IMG_1449.JPG

IMG_1450.JPG

Thanks bro, like I said this was a boredom build.

Installed dual 40mm high output fans on the Limitless. I just have to wire it up.

Been waiting for the mount for a long time. Originally ordered it off ebay but it never arrived, so ordered this one off Amazon.

1000006997.jpg

Only issue is, I may have to cut holes in the body to let air in.

Sledge steering issues.
Hot Racing bellcrank binds heavily and bent up after one battery pack, also killed my servo.
Treal bellcrank binds heavily, didn't bend or kill my servo, yet.
Stock bellcrank servo saver arm rocks back and forth instead of servo saving.

I installed a wheel bearing in the cup that retains the spring on the stock bellcrank to increase the length of the cam. I put a washer in between the spring and the bearing and reassembled the bellcrank. The bellcrank servo saver operates smoothly and the arm doesn't rock back and forth any more. I think I just fixed my Sledge steering issues.

My aftermarket body mods to the Sledge got tested today with two big air lid landings, no body cracks.

Installed said bellcrank, seems a bit soft. We'll find out this Sunday if it's setup right. Sledge has a lot of screws.

Tonight I did a little work on my SCX24 Gladiator.
First up trimmed off the fender flares to eliminate some tire rub, price you have to pay for adding more aggressive rubber.

Next up I decided to add a deadbolt roof rack to the top of the Gladiator, makes it look a little meaner.
First thing I did, was trim the length of the roof rack posts down so it would sit at the right height. Then I used a paint pen on the bottom of the posts, and carefully placed it where I wanted it, so I could transfer the paint to the roof, so I would no where to drill. Next up used a pin vice to drill the holes in both the roof and also pilot holes in the rack legs themselves.

Next popped some screws with grommets up through the roof, and into the legs of the rack. This was tricky, good thing plastic flexes a bit.
PSX_20240527_194231.jpg

I like the overall look:)
PSX_20240527_194525.jpg

All back together.
PSX_20240527_194614.jpg