Who was wrenching today??? What did you do??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Super Sledge, new look....

1715641002760.png
Is that what I think it is on the pinion gear?🤔

It'll slow it down too, right? And make a mess.
Maybe a little, but it’ll definitely make a mess!
Probably cause premature wear also, as the sand, dirt, and debris will stick to them and take a ride between the gears. 😮

I never use grease on any external components because of that. Dirt will wear stuff of so quick. The only thing I use is graphite or dry lube.

Dirt will wear stuff of so quick.
I used to use rust for lube, but then I got a brilliant idea. I'll slather my spur gear in grease. It took me thirty minutes to clean the lube/clay off of my truck and body. That was an experiment that won't be repeated.

I tried to wrench today, but….

Give y’all a laugh from a newbie to the hobby 😂

Last time son drove the big rock it started making funny noise and barely pull, it sounded just like the tmaxx when it stripped the spur. Didn’t verify, ordered a couple spurs for it. They came in, pulled it all apart, spur is fine…spin the rear end, well pinion and ring are stripped, no problem, ordered Rc4wd metal gears for it…got those in, went to swap…sorry dummy, you shoulda ordered the whole gear and diff set because you don’t have a diff housing to put it back together ( I assumed by the way they sold it the stock one would transfer over, wrong 🤣)

So instead I ordered a diff housing…

Maybe I shoulda put this in what did you buy today 🤣

Last time son drove the big rock it started making funny noise and barely pull, it sounded just like the tmaxx when it stripped the spur. Didn’t verify, ordered a couple spurs for it. They came in, pulled it all apart, spur is fine…spin the rear end, well pinion and ring are stripped, no problem, ordered Rc4wd metal gears for it…got those in, went to swap…sorry dummy, you shoulda ordered the whole gear and diff set because you don’t have a diff housing to put it back together ( I assumed by the way they sold it the stock one would transfer over, wrong 🤣)

Sounds like the way I do things. 🤣

Most of us can relate, I'm sure! :joyful:

Last edited:
View attachment 190169
View attachment 190170

Boy wanted some lights. The back is a little funny looking because the left side on the stock bumper is recessed for the license plate, but he’s happy 🤣

81ABA30E-1DDB-4BB6-8B1E-B3510CE6AA7B.jpeg

This is what I mean on the rear. But it works for him. I got to get a different battery to fit in the front tray, and mount the light controller in a different spot. He wants the pro scale light kit to, and a winch, so it’s all just zip tied to the stock battery hold down for now 😂

7E051DA0-C709-4395-9114-0F49B3EE60C0.jpeg

Esc for her granite came in today, so got her fixed up. Steering servo actually broke on it, but it had a 5 wire servo, figured it was a good time to just rip that and the esc/rx off. Just put a hobby wing esc in it and for now just stuck one of the Traxxas servos I had on it. She’s happy 😂

Also got the diff fixed in the big rock.

Did some tire swapping today.
First I put these Austarhobby tires on El Diablo (Element Sendero HD) I've had them sitting around for a while, so I thought I should try 'em out.
PSX_20240518_152558.jpg

Next up, I bought a set of Injora Swamp Claws and some Silicone Injora tire Inserts. To put on the Ecto.
PSX_20240518_152431.jpg

Last edited:
Did some tire swapping today.
First I put these Austarhobby tires on El Diablo (Element Sendero HD) I've had the sitting around for a while, so I thought I should try 'em out.
View attachment 190295

Next up, I bought a set of Injora Swamp Claws and some Silicone Injora tire Inserts. To put on the Ecto.View attachment 190296
Do, let us know how those work out