Who was wrenching today??? What did you do??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finished my MT410 2.0... it is overall the same size as my Hoss, but with a slightly longer wheel-base and lower CG.

I have a FlySky GT5 radio coming to try in this one.

Gave the B74.1 a thorough maintenance today. Installed a complete Fast Eddy’s bearing kit while cleaning all the parts as I broke it down. Also replaced the diff housings with the grey carbon ones from AE. Then mounted up a set of fresh Raw Speed carpet tires. And a new wing… Again. It seems carpet is much harder on wings than dirt. I’ve retired a wing every time I’ve gone carpet racing so far. Granted they’ve all been used ones over the summer but damn…

Anyway here’s a pic cause it was lookin good all cleaned up. Gonna clean up the rest of the bench tomorrow 😆

IMG_2792.jpeg

What's on your front shock tower? Might wanna cop that. That might help me reduce the risk of breaking front carbon fiber towers. But even tho I run a aluminum tower now and never had any issues.

What tires you using?

I've gone through so many wings. I think 5 as of rn. Gone through some on both dirt and carpet.
I was running JConcepts wings after my kit one broke. Now I use the LFR ones that came with my LFR body and so far so good. 2 days of racing and still holding up good.

What's on your front shock tower? Might wanna cop that. That might help me reduce the risk of breaking front carbon fiber towers. But even tho I run a aluminum tower now and never had any issues.

What tires you using?

I've gone through so many wings. I think 5 as of rn. Gone through some on both dirt and carpet.
I was running JConcepts wings after my kit one broke. Now I use the LFR ones that came with my LFR body and so far so good. 2 days of racing and still holding

I don’t think this is the same place I got mine from but these look the same. They’re 3d printed from some sort of rubbery filament. Pretty sweet. It’s taken a beating and has held up great.

The Blue Pig was spectacular today (an overbuilt Kraton) but ended with a broken rear drive cup. I have a bag full of dead EXB diffs, I'm sure at least one of them has a low mileage drive cup I can steal. Possibly even a M2C drive cup. So that's what I'll be wrenching on after dinner.

At one point it was the heaviest truck I owned that's how it got its name, that and it's blue.

Do you make your own decals? That window net looks homemade, and looks awesome! Love it man.

Thanks I appreciate it! For the most part yes! I can make die-cut decals from vinyl with a cricut machine. I usually go for the 3M vinyl, I found it the easiest to use and work with and they have a lot of nice colors. For printed decals I have to custom order. Truline Graphics is usually my go to for that. They also have decal sheets pre made as well.

Last edited:
View attachment 178125
Nice Trans Am!
Sorry I called it a Camaro 😆 it’s just that it says it’s a Camaro
No, you're right it is a Camaro! Trans Am is just what the race series was called back in the early 70's. Kinda confusing since there's obviously Pontiac Trans Ams too lol 😆

Today I added some more detail and did some window trim. I didnt do the side windows because I wanted those windows to appear "open"

IMG_3624.jpg
IMG_3625.jpg

No, you're right it is a Camaro! Trans Am is just what the race series was called back in the early 70's. Kinda confusing since there's obviously Pontiac Trans Ams too lol 😆

Today I added some more detail and did some window trim. I didnt do the side windows because I wanted those windows to appear "open"

View attachment 178200View attachment 178201
Go team Camaro
It looks good

Who would think nailing the biggest jump at the park as fast as I could get it to go repeatedly would wreck my truck? Yep, that caught me by surprise too. What else caught me by surprise was my rear wheel rolling away with the drive cup still attached.

Tonight's task is cleaning all my wheel bearings in preparation for my new hub carriers. Also on the list for later this week is installing a V6 EXB bellcrank and a new M2C steering plate in my V5 Kraton. I forgot to mention the wheel comes from my Sledge.

20240103_165905.jpg