Who was wrenching today??? What did you do??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some regression therapy... returned the DR10s to their original states.

pvHmx5F.jpg

j1CcvZO.jpg

Well tomorrow I'll be putting a new esc in my crawler and trying to fix that issue. But today I just scraped a car after I took the wheels off and made some dough

I posted this same shot in the crawler photo only thread by mistake. Oh well, anyway I opened up an early Christmas gift and started building it right away. It’s the 1/18 trail hunter builders kit from hobby plus. i think I’ll toss it into the line up of rig of the month if I get it painted today.
image.jpg

I'm putting a.esc in a truck.and I'm soldering the leads for it. That's what I'm doing
Now i've ordered the plugs I need, ill solder them on when they get here..

Last edited:
I tried to re-solder a battery plug wire back on to my daughters esc and failed. The stub is too contaminated to accept solder. It's for her Tekno so I can't cheap out too much. I ordered her a Hobbywing EZrun 8 G2 (she already has the motor to go with it) and a set of IC5 plugs. She's 16 so she won't appreciate any of this, teenagers.

TIP:

Anytime people remove a damaged ESC or battery plug, whatever, you might want to not toss it away. Keep it to practice soldering for the next time. If it is already damaged, you can not damage it can you :)

I haven't wrenched on anything for a couple weeks now. I plan to wrench this Sunday to get everything ready for next Wednesday

Started tearing all my engines down for the Winter. So far all were in good shape other than the exhaust gaskets on a couple. Got my .38 apart for the first time, and good lord that piston and sleeve is simply massive.

I have my new Tekno but I haven't done anything with it yet.

Planning to take some bags of parts to work with me on Sunday-Monday-Tuesday this week and at least assemble the diffs and maybe the shocks in my slack time (It'll likely only be me and Security in the building those days).

I upgraded my TC Sketer to the wide build that's been floating around on Youtube. She's about 30mm wider, can run bigger tires, and is 6S capable!

IMG_20231220_202422874.jpg

Gonna wrench tonight and tomorrow, and maybe Sunday, depends when I want to get started wrenching because thats the hard part. Lol

B74.1:
  • Rebuild front and rear diffs and gearboxes. Rebuild front with 15k. Rebuild rear with 15k (previously had 30k for carpet, but I really didn't like how it drove)
  • Overall clean up, tight up screws, clean and resauce tires
  • Might rebuild center diff, but not sure yet
Slash 2wd:
  • Overall clean up
  • clean and resauce tires
  • resolder battery bullets, hoping to get a better job on that
Mini B:
  • Overall cleanup
And pack up and get ready
I am going down to the track next Wednesday for some racing, hopefully to see some of the buddies that I haven't seen in a while.
Hoping to get the Mini B around the track when no one is on it, hoping to run at least 1 or maybe both battery packs
Hoping to get a better feel for the slash and get 2 full battery packs in. Testing out the new body cutouts I did, new gearing (26/76) and the new custom weight thing I did for the front.
After all of that, ill run the buggy to get used to it, have dinner and racing.
Gonna get there a bit earlier this time so I can find a pit space, and have more practice time, haven't done RC for a month now.

Thats the only RCing I'm doing over break. Might go out and bash the rustler around but too cold.

Did some things today, took of the carpet tires and switched to my clay track tires on the Mini B.
Used to use velcro in the battery tray for the slash and rustler, took that out. Using old spare tire foam and the stock battery hold downs

Last edited:
Installed a Factory Team Lockout Clutch on both DR10s, 26T pinion, 78T spur.

Added gift tags to rear deck :joyful: Ready to see the grandsons smile.

I began to tear apart the rear end of the xterminator nitro buggy. The hinge pins came in from Canada so I figured it’s time to get this thing rebuilt and ready for the new motor that is coming.
I really want to put the longer mammoth arms and driveshafts on it to make it a truggy type thing. Parts ain’t available though. Once it’s all together I’ll rebuild The shocks.

Bunch of stuff came in for the mini crawlers. More coming. A lot of trial and error and tedious little screws. Parts that were removed from one that can improve another. Ideas that have been rolling around in my head. Have a lot to share when done. Just not enough time in the day. But, I was right on several of those ideas. Lol.

Start of a 4-day work week tomorrow, bagged up a few tools and Bags A, B, C & D from the MT410-2.0 kit box. I even remembered oil, grease and thread lock!

Probably take the links and shocks in with me on Tuesday...
:naughty: