Who was wrenching today??? What did you do??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
idk if this counts as "wrenching" but I attempted to dye some white nylon lock nuts black for the first time. I think they came out great!

IMG_2810.jpg

Wrenching on the dirt race track all day. My back, legs and arms are fried. Wrestling the big pipes into place and driving big long nails through the drain pipes that mark the lanes was exhausting.
First points race is tomorrow morning.

IMG_3392.jpeg

Trimmed up MonoKote sheet to add chrome bed rails to the P-L 1966 F-100.

Leaning on the writings of author Edgar Allen Poe, "Quoth The Raven, Nevermore."

Anyway, it eventually turned out o.k. Adds definition to the truck bed that otherwise blends into the overall black of the body. Cheers. 'AC'

20230523_125914_resize RCT.jpg

20230523_125649_resize RCT.jpg

Been eyeing a 2wd buggy. The locals at my track say that there is a night and day difference between the B6.3 and B6.4 (carpet versions) so I been eyeing the B6.4 and the TLR 22 5.0 AC. Or the xray xb2 but I don't have 500/600 dollars for xray. And parts are expensive and hard to find in my area, besides online. Local clay track stocks xray stuff but when I go down there, its a day trip for me and my dad. Its a hour away from home. Vs the carpet track which is 25 minutes away from home. More convenient for us to go to the carpet track.
Another is yokomo, great car. But again about the parts thing.
Also, might upgrade my B74.1 to the new 13mm shocks from the B74.2. And some other parts to make it sort of newer and handle more better. Been trying to find a better battery strap thats more better then unscrewing a screw to get the battery out.

I have a b6.3D and ran it last season but converted it to carpet after I scored a killer deal on a 22 5.0 elite. It is sick. I just changed the C block for brass and softer tires and it is rocking very good lap times with fantastic acceleration is loose dirt and dust. But I have a bunch of parts for the 6.4 like an extra rear end assembly and control arms. I think the B6.4 has a lot more tuning options. So I got the kit and built it up with all my left over parts. Should have it testing Monday.