Who was wrenching today??? What did you do??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is where it pays off for having low oxygen. I don't sniff in a bunch of dust.:p

Last edited:
Took my RJ modified oval car to the track today for testing. They said we are to fast and they took the 20 turn motor and made us run a 27 turn axial motor for next season. I was going 3.7 second laps and they want 4.2 second laps from the modified cars. Today with the 27 turn motor fresh out of the bag I went 3.8-3.9 with ease. So now I gotta make sure I don’t do that before the season starts. Once the season starts they can’t change the rules. But the car was so over powered with the 20T motor the 27 turn motor is just as fast. I don’t want a gear rule change so no showing off during the off season.

IMG_2689.jpeg

Dumped the stock oil from the Slash 2WD shocks and replaced with 60/Rear 50/Front. Removed the factory default pre-load spacers on the rear. Moved the shocks to the outside most positions Front/Rear as well. Cleaned things up a bit afterwards. Getting ready for first ever spec Slash oval race on Saturday.

Cleaned up my SCTs from Thursday's track fun. Thankfully I ran em Thursday......it rained ALL day yesterday and today is cloudy and chilly. Supposed to rain all day tomorrow too. Stoopid Spring rains.....

Fixed the Senton 6s (put proper middle diff cover on) so now I can finally run it more than 2mins. 🤦‍♂️

Took the 3s motor out of my Big Foot and put in the Slash since that one died on me. Went ahead and threw an 18T pinion on.

Realized I had the batt straps in backwards on my Tekno. Also, I put the longer straps in when I built it, but realized that was dumb cuz I'm not going to use 2-1.5s batts. So installed the original shorter straps (just the 2 vertical ones, left the horizontal one long as it helps with holding down the batt wires) and inserted them the correct way.

Ordered a new servo for the Senton 3s

Moved Taz's (Infraction) front body posts up one hole to hopefully stop the tires from rubbing the inside of the body when turning. Also took the bald tires off and put on semi-new gold Hoons. I need to get more white Hoons soon.

Vacuumed and cleaned up pit area.

Bout to take a little nap.

Cleaned up my SCTs from Thursday's track fun. Thankfully I ran em Thursday......it rained ALL day yesterday and today is cloudy and chilly. Supposed to rain all day tomorrow too. Stoopid Spring rains.....

Fixed the Senton 6s (put proper middle diff cover on) so now I can finally run it more than 2mins. 🤦‍♂️

Took the 3s motor out of my Big Foot and put in the Slash since that one died on me. Went ahead and threw an 18T pinion on.

Realized I had the batt straps in backwards on my Tekno. Also, I put the longer straps in when I built it, but realized that was dumb cuz I'm not going to use 2-1.5s batts. So installed the original shorter straps (just the 2 vertical ones, left the horizontal one long as it helps with holding down the batt wires) and inserted them the correct way.

Ordered a new servo for the Senton 3s

Moved Taz's (Infraction) front body posts up one hole to hopefully stop the tires from rubbing the inside of the body when turning. Also took the bald tires off and put on semi-new gold Hoons. I need to get more white Hoons soon.

Vacuumed and cleaned up pit area.

Bout to take a little nap.
Sounds like a pretty productive day, I got to sleep in for the first time in a long while, didn't get out of bed until 8:00. Been lazing around reading my book this morning, but just about to hit the shower, and go pick up some groceries. After that I might get some time to tinker with the rc's.

Sounds like a pretty productive day, I got to sleep in for the first time in a long while, didn't get out of bed until 8:00. Been lazing around reading my book this morning, but just about to hit the shower, and go pick up some groceries. After that I might get some time to tinker with the rc's.
How is the SCX6 going?

Just sitting waiting for me to get a chance to play with it. Spring is house chore time:( I'm hoping tomorrow I can get some free time. This morning I was just burnt out from work this week.
How is the SCX6 going?

Drilled & tapped engine mounts for some works-in-progress, now slicing them down by ~5mm to lower the engine so a bump box will reach the flywheel. Got a mini drill press and table saw basically just for this, though I anticipate getting plenty of use out of them.

20230429_195042.jpg

20230430_111813.jpg

Yesterday I took the receiver and stuff out of the buggy to test the esc. So I put that all back together and in today. Also checked the health of all my lipos and storage charge them if the voltage were off by a little. Also checked the IRs. All are good (not the best but good) considering I do charge my batteries at 10 amps (besides the mini b ones at 2 amps) I also put some heat shrink near the bullets just in case if there was a connection problem as the solder job wasn't that good. Next I'll be wrenching on the rustler and check out that problem. Yesterday the esc was turning off randomly. It wasn't low voltage or thermal. I also tapped the esc down in the battery tray so I could use my shorty batteries. Also on the buggy I am routing the ESC wire before the screw under the brace so it can stay in place. Didn't screw down it all the way as I don't want to pinch that wire up. I routed my fan cable after the screw where your supposed the route wires but I'm not worried about the fan wire as I got plenty of those (servo lead extensions)

PXL_20230430_162402448.MP.jpg

PXL_20230430_183647010.jpg

PXL_20230430_184431222.jpg

Forgot to replace my pinion. Ate another spur. Both are replaced had to scuff my clutch pad and polish my clutch plate.
Also did a quickie 2 red 5mm leds in the rear, led bar from my 10.2 up front. Gopro hero 7 mounted. 23:44 and I am off to the industrial area.

20230430_234207.jpg

20230430_193307.jpg

20230430_193415.jpg

No wrenching for me. I am in a place I could never imagine. I don’t need or want anything. It’s very strange.
It’s between racing seasons. Oval starts a summer season filled with fun race practice and general oval stuff. But won’t start till mid May. All my cars are ready and I have been to the track twice to race and not enough people show up so I just practice. Seven cars total and all are 100% ready to go.
The dirt season is about to start but the weather has delayed track construction. I went out Saturday did some track work then burned batteries for a couple hours practicing in the wind. The next day was race day and after prepping my three cars the wind was crazy. I was driving around dealing with it and no one could keep up with my two wheel drive buggy. Back flips and wind made short corse truck’s impossible. And the track condition was not great. So they canceled the race and are going to do a new track layout next weekend. So that’s two weeks of no racing.
And the hobby shop pulled up their carpet for some much needed work on the bumpy subfloor. So that’s three off road seven oval and two roads. All ready to go and tested no racing for a couple weeks!
I will definitely go rock crawling but they don’t need anything either.
So I am just using armor all on the bodies. Wonder how long this will last. Maybe I can find out what that woman that lives with me is up too. Haha.

Been building up my CRC pan car chassis the last few days, just got done installing the motor and esc in today with some help. The tight space literally made it a 2 person job lol. I have the wheels/tires, just haven't put them on yet. The ball diff, front toe, and front camber needs to be adjusted before mounting the body (and the body posts) . Should have the body in a few weeks, as well as a race battery and receiver. I really enjoyed the build so far!

IMG_2808.jpg

Still no wrenching for me. Just walking around in my shop. Sorted some parts. I pulled up the drain tile pipes that make up the outdoor racetrack. A guy with a bull dozer completely removed last years track and built a new layout. I’m going over there now to start putting the track back together. But it is meant to rain Sunday. And I have to go out Friday . So might be another week of no RC.

This is the new layout. Looks like fun.

IMG_3376.jpeg

Done alot RC things last 24h

Paint 1/8 GT 360mm Body first time in my life
Install Combos, Servo. Radio in two of my new Rollers
1 Rlaarlo 917 Alu Roller 3s/4s I can drive it 4s, i think i will only drive it 3s. Gyro 6ch light controll. Foam wheels
2 Hobao GTB 360mm 1/8 GT Roller 6s Gyro 6ch light controll

Left to do, check some diffs. Oils, All Screws. Silicone spray and wipe both (protect) WD40 at Connectors. Drive both cars 2s first time
Listen and check how they do, wear first layer of tyres so they start grip well before i go 3s and the other 6s. And do some shock tuning

I think this weekend will be fun

hobao 360mm gtb (1).jpg

Pearl Cameleont custom, green, gold/yellow, copper candy effect. Happy with my first paint job. Looks alot better in real
6 different colors made this cool effect, color changing

Finished the electronics on my 1/24 monster truck. Added a connector to the stock 2s battery
but will be getting proper batteries soon.

Initial test in the living room blew my mind. She moves!
Haven't gone into the setting yet but will do so before the real test and tune in the morning.

Oh and used the only RX that I had on hand...MY 1/24 MONSTER GOT AVC!!! 🤣🤣🤣

20230505_005242.jpg