Who was wrenching today??? What did you do??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My body is feeling it though. Too many hours without oxygen.

Last edited:
Fantastic! so many memories... I had the same one all in red ergal and carbon.👍

I have two of them and this one is a rebuild with a Shorty kit.
They are a kick in the arse.

Cleaned up the tires. The right side tires are still in perfect shape, but the left side tires definitely needed replacing. Makes sense, since softer tires wear faster. Not gonna lie, the car looks really cool on the stand with the tires off. I'll put the tires back on once I re-oil the bearings I'm just lazy today lol.

IMG_3833.jpg

@remote uncontrol gave me the itch to use my nearly 20yo rc sailboat again. The strong winds from the last 2 days have subsided, and it was very light today, so I figured this sunny, warm afternoon would be ideal for sailing. After a short run, the sails were not operating properly. So, I spent the next hour wrenching away at it so resolve the issue. The cable/string was snagging on things in the cramped electronics compartment below deck. Rearranging wires and cables, and using a Dremel to modify the battery tray appears to resolved the issue.
20240313_120708.jpg
20240313_130257.jpg
20240313_130310.jpg

Finished installing/wiring/soldering new ESC, Motor,. Installed Exotek front spindles now it matches the rear :) Finished the body and wing. Added RC Body Armor piping and Dragon skin to the body and wing. Screwed up the dragon skin on the wing but oh well I just hope this wing lasts more than a couple races and practice sessions. I didn't have anymore 1UP bullets so I grabbed some Whitz Racing from the in town LHS and well I don't like them as much as the 1UP so I'll replace those soon.

ESC: HobbyWing XR10 Pro Elite
Motor: HobbyWing Xerun V10 G4 6.5T
Pinion: Starting with a 15T and will work upward

IMG_0588.jpeg

Got a set of Big Bore shocks for the E-Maxx last week... got them filled, bled and ready to go today. Hopefully will have time to get them on the beast later this week.

u24FfJM.jpg

Used to use big bore shocks on my cars. Still use them on my slash. Stole a couple from the rustler so thats why the rustler runs the stock ultra shocks. The thing I don't like about the big bores are that the c clip on the bottom to hold all the internals in, hard to put back in and a bit tough to rebuild. I had a pair of rear shocks go out (after like 4 years). I guess the rings were getting bad and leaked oil. Tried to rebuild them but I just got the ultra shocks from Jennys RC and put them on the car.

Getting ready for spring break vaca and Beach RC Trip

Mini B: Installed new aluminum rear pivot and GPM driveshafts. Sprayed painted them silver so I can see them if they fly out. Also Wd40ed the rear hubs to get them loosened up to move freely.

Slash: Installed new RPM hubs. Wd40ed them so they can move freely. Installed shorter proline body mounts. Put back on the chassis nerf bars. Took some preload spacers off the shocks. (as I had the offroad tires on previously so I needed to change some things)

Rustler: Glued a pair of tires on (almost) new wheels. Installed new hot racing bellcrank.

Tomorrow, will:

Wrench on the buggy. Rebuild F/C/R diffs and F/R shocks. Install OEM sway bar replacements (ones I have now are way too thick). Overall and general cleanup and maintence on all cars. Cut out another wing and have it ready.

Tomorrow my other order should be here tomorrow with another pair of tires for the rustler. A glitch buster capacitor for the buggy. and some spare screws for the buggy. Gonna run over to the uncles house to steal one of his spare esc fans (just in case). And then after I'm packing up my stuff and workbench.

Bringing every car besides the TT02 as I still don't have tires for that yet.

@DavidB1126 I hope the weather gives you a break while your on vacation. Sounds like your ready. You do have your batteries and transmitters ready to I hope.
Yea. Looked at it today again and still says rain wednesday and thursday. Mid 60s mostly all week. All other days are cloudy. Tuesday and Friday might be the best for some hot tub time. Beach is too cold. Pool, maybe. Depends which ones are heated.

Batteries are all storage charged. After I wrench on the buggy tomorrow, should be all packed up and ready togo. Bringing everything I got except for any TT02 Stuff, and various carpet tires.

Leaving Monday Morning at 6. Should be racing at Beach RC Wednesday afternoon/night. We are only bringing 1 car so mom says that she will drop us off cause she doesn't want to stay at the resort for 7 hours without no car 🤣

Edit: Last year I brought my whole bag full of tires. Basher tires, carpet tires. Stuff I didn't need. Idk why I bring so much stuff that I don't need.

Oh yea, Beach RC owns another track 20 minutes away at a park. Called Badlands supercross. They held the Fall Brawl there for a long while. Might check that out if its open. Outdoor dirt 1/8th track.