who got an arrma vendetta?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my stupid vendetta after the hassle-fest.
Just took it out twice today , it's pretty rad.
So funny story... When I thought horizon cancelled my order twice, yeah, I uh.

I got my vendetta today.

And there's two more coming tomorrow 🤦🏻‍♂️.

So I'm a Vendetta dealer now. 😂
I wish I had one. :(
I know a guy.

Last edited:
No I dig this thing, a lot.

And the body.... Just soo sick.
Definitely a head turner

Got mine yesterday, a blue one. First impression is good... except for the gorilla specced body clips (seriously- most difficult to use I've ever seen) and the clumsy velcro battery strap implementation. Sounds picky, but these are things you have to deal with every time you run it or work on it. Luckily, both are easy fixes.
Not a big fan of 14mm hexes and 85mm wheels- smells like vendor lock-in. Conversion to 12mm or 17mm hexes looks like the best option. Gives a lot more choices in wheels.
The body is... interesting. Kind of a mashup of IMSA/Hypercar/Touring/Rally elements all rolled into one body. The color and pattern are great but the accent decals are not. Mine are already lifting. With a 330mm wheelbase, there's a lot of aftermarket bodies available for those so inclined (me, for one).
The chassis is beefy- looks well thought out and replacement parts are available and reasonably priced. I'll see what breaks after my "accidently run into the nearest stationary object" test.
Don't get me wrong- I'm not bashing it (pun intended).
For $200 it is an awesome bargain. Shares a lot of DNA with it's bigger (and much more expensive) stablemates. I've only run it around on the driveway on 2s at 50% and it seems really responsive and well planted. This weekend I'll hit the big parking lot and see what transpires.

I was also caught up in the HH "computer update" problem. Ordered the green one, listed "in stock", and received order confirmation email...and, 5 days later, nothing had shipped. Website still listed it as "in stock"...but, in checking my order, there is was listed as "backordered". So, I called. Ended up speaking with 2 different people (first call dropped/disconnected), and was told 2 different reasons (each 'reason' had no connection to the other).

HH used to have outstanding customer service...but, it seems, the more companies they buy, and the bigger they get, the worse they're CS gets...and, like many others could agree, I'm getting fed up with it. As such, I told them to cancel the order, and issue a refund (the amount, as listed by my bank, was still "pending"). I decided, I would wait until the funds were back in my account, then call the local shop (un-Friendly Hobbies), and see if they had any - if they did, I was "meant" to have a Vendetta...and, if they didn't, then I wasn't "meant" to have one.

When I called, they had 1 left...and, it was a green one. Now I have one...and, (sometime) soon, the upgrades with begin, turning it into a true speedrun car. Until then, I'll just bash it...albeit, only moderately.

59.2 mph all stock, Ovonic 5200 3s 11.1v 80c

Sticking that bigger pinion in when I get home 🤙

$200 for 70mph feels like a bargain for sure though.

Tested out the 26t pinion last night, just messing around out front I recorded 59.4, with about 1/3 of the distance I had for the 59.2 I recorded earlier, so that was pleasing. Still wasn't satisfied with the overall handling after some time behind the wheel.

Fixed the front toe, front and rear camber, installed the 26t pinion, increased punch to 4, brakes to 87%, lifted the body mounts, and boom, night and day difference in handling, takes off like a missile, and flies about as straight as one too. Still haven't gotten a new top speed recorded, but so far I'm pleased with the outcome.

Now if only I could fix the rear toe.

Here's a few, I honestly don't remember to take enough lol

IMG_20230806_174550.jpg

IMG_20230806_174719.jpg

IMG_20230803_185005.jpg

I have a green one in the box if you want to buy it 🤙

I have them listed on eBay, but I'd sell it here for $250.

Back