Which Savage is this?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MotoGod

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Can anyone identify which model savage this is? I just got it in a trade. Ignore the "Savage X" on the body as I believe the previous owner just got the X Body. I know it's not an X. I believe it might be a Savage 25 though, but not 100% sure since this is the first one I've owned.

I'll take some pics of it tonight, but this is the one he sent me:

2012-02-12_12-45-30_449-1.jpg

looks like an XL to me or atleast a set of aftermarket stretched TVP's.

Last edited:
I found some paperwork in the box (printed manual) that says it's a Savage 3.5

Here are a few more pics:

IMG_0638.jpg

Front End:
IMG_0639.jpg

Rear End:
IMG_0642.jpg

Engine:
IMG_0640.jpg

Underside:
IMG_0643.jpg

Looks like it has FLM TVPs installed as well, which is why I couldn't match those up to any pics.

looks like a mix of modern and past savage parts mounted to a set of extended FLM vertical plates and motormount. newer X radio box, older savage style uprights,bulkheads,differential case, and arms. judging by the few mods i see, there may be modern shimmed cups in those differentials, there may not be.
the stainless brakepads are junk. dont think the motor is HPI, may be an SH. older 2spd tranny. alot of dirt

Last edited:
dont think he was asking about the dirt.........

I picked up a savage used and my savage which has been identified as a .25 looks very similar to yours. It has the same front end and rear end along with the steel brake pads. As mentioned it does have some newer parts on it and those chassis plates are definitely not stock.

Which savage is it? Its your savage. Thats which one. :)

it looks like its an old Savage 25 or 21 with some hop ups.

Back