Hpi K4.6 won’t run after removing glow starter

• Thread starter Thesavagebeast-2017
  • Start date

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thesavagebeast-2017

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi bought a secondhand hpi savage x 4.6 which the previous owner had ran it on 10% nitro so the engine would last longer
he said when he last used it over 2 years ago it was running but said that he had put the carb back to factory settings which he has but the thing is that every time I remove the glow plug the engine cuts out it is starting straight away until remove the glow plug so replaced the glow plug with a new one (R5) so can’t understand why it would not run as it back to factory settings

a R5 glowplug is a very cold glowplug and definetely for the 10% nitro which is just too low for ground vehicles. Try a hotter glowplug like the "T2" and atleast 16% nitro. Videos would be helpful. While taking off the glow igniter, try to throttle the car a bit.

Its probably just off tune slightly, mosty likely too rich, but you are safer too rich that too lean. You need to run it several minutes pretty hard to gauge engine temps to know if its ajusted perfect. Should smoke alot and seem flooded when cold and come to life after a couple laps as it heats up. Too lean will get hot fast and also starve that tiny engine of oil that is mixed in with the nitro. I run 20-25% nitro, what kills an engine faster is to lean

Hi bought a secondhand hpi savage x 4.6 which the previous owner had ran it on 10% nitro so the engine would last longer
he said when he last used it over 2 years ago it was running but said that he had put the carb back to factory settings which he has but the thing is that every time I remove the glow plug the engine cuts out it is starting straight away until remove the glow plug so replaced the glow plug with a new one (R5) so can’t understand why it would not run as it back to factory settings
I second FSTND hotter fuel, hotter plug.. just pay attention to your oil content.. if it runs with the igniter and then shuts off, that is normally a tell tell that it’s rich (in my experience).. the fuel is blowing the glow plug out rather then igniting..

Might try leaving it on for a little longer to build some heat up..

Back