Where to buy?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miketroll357

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Is Phil's hobby store a good place to purchase? I see they have the kit cheaper that tower hobbies. Any opinions appreciated. Getting ready to buy 2 at the end of this month. Thanks in advance.

Is Phil's hobby store a good place to purchase? I see they have the kit cheaper that tower hobbies. Any opinions appreciated. Getting ready to buy 2 at the end of this month. Thanks in advance.

I reckon we will wait till TH gets them in stock since nobody has anything good to say about Phil's.

Are you referring to the 5B kit?

Absolutely Robmob, from what we (myself and Nitroghost) can tell, that would be the way to go. We both want to get one at the end of the month. I emailed Phil's with some Q's but never heard back from them. Just wanted some input on where some others have purchased the 5b kit and if they were satisified. Phil's has the best price so far I think.

Last edited:
It is indeed the way to go. I have the RTR, but if I had to buy one today, it would be the SS.

I am really pumped about getting one. Already have the nitro trucks and am looking forward to saving some $$ on fuel and building the heathen. Also like the improvement mods Fast Eddie has on the sticky. Thanks Eddie.