whats to do with brand new k3?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hirevn

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hi everyone.its been along time sense I've posted here and just wanted to get an idea of what to do with a new k3.
i bought this buggie brand new about 1 year ago right before they released the special 1 and started building it.i installed a new o.s. v-spec and pro line tires and painted the body and thats where i stopped still needing to buy good radio gear,pipe,starter box.so now i have a brand new k3 with a v-spec thats never been turned over just sitting in the closet,has never had a pipe or radio gear installed and now I'm trying to decide on what to do with it.
I'm thinking of trading it to my lhs straghit across for a rtr monster truck but i think thats like burning about 500.00.i guess the only other option is to finish it that would cost about 500.00 for good radio gear and pipe or try and sell it.
i got this buggie with plans on racing it but my other summer hobbies always seem to get in the way and it never happens.i dont want to get out of rc all the way so the trade for a rtr mt almost looks like a good option for just bashing around without the commitment of racing 1/8 buggie.
what do you guys think? :smoke:

Send her to me :)

A straight trade may not be the best option becuase the K3 and V-Spec was probably around 900 or so...if you got a MT and some nice stuff with it then maybe, but I would either finish it or sell it and buy something you want and have some some extra cash.

think i have about 1000 in it with tires as of now.

Yea, if you no longer have interest in racing it I would sell it. That way you could have a new RTR MT and 500 cash. Keep in mind you may not get quite that much for it becuase it is the older modle.

id only ask around 750.00-800.00 for it anyway if i do decide to sell but after cleaning of the dust i would like to keep it and finish it.seems like a waste of a good race car just to bash it though thats why I'm considring the mt.

My dad and I bash our MP777 SP1. Well...we set up little corses at dirt pits and stuff. Its really fun and I think you would love it if you finished it but its up to you. MTs are better for extreme bashing stuff.

I'd sell it somewhere for about $800. Then use the money to buy an awesome monstertruck instead of blowing all of that money on a direct trade. Thats what I would do anyway...

I just traded my Kanai III.
It was brand new also.
I tried selling it for a while, even went to ebay.
I couldn't get $450.
I hope you do better than I did.

the re sale value for anything RC sucks....its like half the original, even it its right out of the box...

With a new Sirio Kanai edition #1.
Then I put the engine in my sp2 and blew it up.

So i sold it as a roller.

if i do keep it what would be a good servo & radio to buy without spending a fortune on a race quality setup?my plans when i got the buggie was to use the 3pk and airtronics servos (the 100.00 per units)but just dont want to put up that kind of cash for running around the house.

You can usually find some JR XR3i radios on ebay for pretty cheap. Thats what I use and love the JR radios. I got mine for 50 shipped here on the forum.

As for servos, I'm planning on running a HS-5645MG and HS-5625MG by Hitec in my XB8. Both servos are digital and have plenty of torque/speed for around the house. Together they cost around 100.

I would keep the buggy and finish building it. If not then sell the Buggy roller w/o the engine and you will be less likely to lose you A$$ on the deal. Take the engine out of the buggy and keep it for the MT when the RTR engine blows. You also have to keep in mind the Radio gear that comes with RTR's is usually AM 27mhz and generally sucks. So if you go for a straight trade for the RTR MT, you will end up losing more on the deal if you still have to upgrade the radio gear and servoes, if you decide to race it.