what's everyone been up to lately?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rochellcommaj

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
well guys, I've decided to get out of nitro. Think I'm going to go with electrics. Just need to slow down and spend less time fixing my mistakes. So I'm going to stick with stock turn motors and keep it sane. I've had alot going on and miss keeping up with you guys.

I mean I just found out Mitch Hedberg died! I loved that guy. Where else can you find real news on the internet?

I've had some conditions lately that have hindered my ability to lug the losi, Nitro, starting equipment, and my daughter around. I'm going to go with something light weight like a rc10b4/t4 and that way I can run it when I get a chance. time is tight and my ability to run nitro is limited.

Hey Rolex, the wife and I are thinking about selling out and moving to Johnson City. Ya think we could race some time then? I think I heard someone say there was a nice r/c track somewhere around there. Anyways, You guys take care and I'll post when I get time. I'm going to put my LST on ebay when I replace the a-arm I snapped the other day.

I'm looking at surgery on my back... I see a neurosurgeon in a couple of weeks... turns out it wasn't in my head after all.

Dude first off welcome back..
You have missed some good poop..Its good to see ya back any way even if you are going to the other side..(non nitro) :spit:

Not much been breaking stuff paying for new stuff things like that, I have also been building ramps
I was abit sad that Mitch died though he was so funny it seems like so many people are dieing lately.
Hope your surgery goes well, good luck

I'm near Knoxville. When you're in the area, stop by Track Side Hobbies in Powell/Claxton, and leave me a message.

i was into nitro to now I'm am eletric i have a evader st i just got a cvds and rpm ends and a new novak esc but all have not came yet i got it all on ebay thats what i have been doing curtis

Rolex you're so close to me, yet so far away...well about 3hrs. :D

-Michael

WoodiE said:

-Michael

Dont tell him that he will stalk your pony loving ass!

Rolex,
MOVE!
4 hours minimum.

I have been slowly trying to sell or trade most of my nitro RCs and go with electric as well. Nitro is great but is more time consuming to setup and run. If I had more time I prefer nitro but realisticly electric is looking to be a better choice for me.

fasteddie what do you have for nitro i have eletric and eletric is just asa fast you just have to put a good motor in and the right piun in and 3000 pack with my stadium i past last year rc10gt and evader st nitro pm me if interased thanks curtis

hope you dont mind me poasting these

Trying to buy my Nissan 240sx, Working with my friend on his 88' Mazda rx-7 turbo II. Starting work, Getting through school.... Out of r/c for a few months...

Just another pop in.

Later everyone.

Rochellcommaj said:
well guys, I've decided to get out of nitro. Think I'm going to go with electrics. Just need to slow down and spend less time fixing my mistakes. So I'm going to stick with stock turn motors and keep it sane. I've had alot going on and miss keeping up with you guys.

I mean I just found out Mitch Hedberg died! I loved that guy. Where else can you find real news on the internet?

I've had some conditions lately that have hindered my ability to lug the losi, Nitro, starting equipment, and my daughter around. I'm going to go with something light weight like a rc10b4/t4 and that way I can run it when I get a chance. time is tight and my ability to run nitro is limited.

Hey Rolex, the wife and I are thinking about selling out and moving to Johnson City. Ya think we could race some time then? I think I heard someone say there was a nice r/c track somewhere around there. Anyways, You guys take care and I'll post when I get time. I'm going to put my LST on ebay when I replace the a-arm I snapped the other day.

I'm looking at surgery on my back... I see a neurosurgeon in a couple of weeks... turns out it wasn't in my head after all.

I know exaxtly what your going through man, I spend more time running my electric than my nitro, and I too have a bad back I'm waiting on more damn test to see if they can pinpoint the problem looks like I might be having surgery also been dealing with this pain for two years from a bad car accident anyway good luck hope you get the back problem fix I know how much it effects ones life.

I hope they can straighten out the back thing too. I thought I just had weak muscles in my back. I remember me ex brother in law would lay in his floor one day and be working on building a deck the next. I thought " He's fulla shiznit and just wants to get a check." Sometimes we live to eat things we say. I couldnt understand how someone could seem fine one day and then be down a week, fine another month then down for three weeks. It's just crazy. My doctor thought I had osteo-arthritis(sp?).

Somedays I just dont feel like a man. But hey, that's life. It could be worse.

I should have sold the losi today. My wife and I had to go to nashville and I went to my sisters house and we were playing in the neighborhood with it. The neighbor from Pakistan was out watching and asking questions wanting to know how much I would sell it for. Two days ago, I thought "I'll just keep it for when I get that nitro itch... but the bad thing is when I get that itch, I do like I did today and get it out and run a half a gallon or more through it. I can't make up my mind... mabye it should be a shelf queen for when I get the itch. I think that's what I"ll do with it.

I've been enjoying this with what little spare time there has been. Not much time for rc and like a few others I'm down to one nitro and starting to build a collection of electrics.

450.jpg

I might get a good electric if their that fast...but the smeel of nitro

Rochellcommaj said:
I hope they can straighten out the back thing too. I thought I just had weak muscles in my back. I remember me ex brother in law would lay in his floor one day and be working on building a deck the next. I thought " He's fulla shiznit and just wants to get a check." Sometimes we live to eat things we say. I couldnt understand how someone could seem fine one day and then be down a week, fine another month then down for three weeks. It's just crazy. My doctor thought I had osteo-arthritis(sp?).

Somedays I just dont feel like a man. But hey, that's life. It could be worse.

Yep thats exactly how I am one day I can be out running my T-Maxx the next which is the way today was I laid in bed and watched tv all day because of the Pain. Hope you get better soon :) let me know how your doing after your surgery :).

Lmao at Ed, 4hrs, try 5 flying :D Anyways good to see you back and let us know what happens with the back. Good luck man.

PiErow said:
I might get a good electric if their that fast...but the smeel of nitro
With the right mods an electric will haul a$$ I have a electric rustler with an F1 esc and a 12 turn motor and it will get up and move!!! I also dremeled out the chassis to make it lighter hehe. On the right surfaces it will lift up on a wheelie lol and it does awesome dohnuts out on the street. It also alot simpler than nitro at least for me I usally sit out there fighting my T-Maxx to start then I have to mess with the hsn depending on the weather. The electric charge the battery turn it on and go tear it up :)

WoodiE said:

-Michael
As soon as I get on I-40, it splits, with one side having the sign to Lexington.
One of these days we might get to bash, unless I take FastEddy's advise and move farther away. lol
I was thinking of California, but that's where Ed lives, so that's DEFINATELY out.

You know what rolex, I used to come right by you twice a week when I was driving truck. I shoulda went ahead and got me a tmaxx back then when I was thinking about it to occupy me in the truck.... then I might of found this site sooner, and coulda bashed with a whole bunch of you guys in my travels. Oh well.... couda, wouda, shouda...

Anyone know what used losi LST's go for? It's fairly stock, I sanded the pipe down to natural aluminum finish so I didnt look so scraped up. I got some 7 pound springs on it... extra body mounts... extra a-arms.... 2 extra bodies... and Aluminum diff cases..... I think I'm going to try and sell it.... The guy at the LHS said he would sell it for me there, but would guess he could only get about 250 for it. The worse part is he hasnt even seen my truck or the shape it's in. As far as I knew, those JR XS3 radio setups arent that cheap... If I let him get rid of it, Maybe I'll just order some traxxas radio and servo setup for it. When I get everything settled down, I'll post some pics on my ebay pic server and let you guys look at em and tell me what you think.

I had me second sleep study and was fitted for a cpap the other day again... This time they gave me a resmed machine. It's different from the one I used to have and I feel as if I'm gasping for air with this one. It's air inlet is only the size of about a quarter but square..... Just doesn't seem to keep up when I inhale.... anyways..... I guess I'm rambling on and anyone who's wondering... I guess I'm rambling about Sleep Apnea...

Guys take care and I'll try to get on in another couple days or so. I've been so busy with medical appointments it isnt funny... Next week starts off with a stress test with a cardiologist and then I have to meet with my neurosurgeon about my back... Then, I'll have to consult my wife about the rest of the week b/c she's my appointment book.... I'm so unorganized.... Thank God for my Wife.

Back