Whatcha Eating?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made Breydon some blueberry waffles with homemade blueberry syrup, a side of sausage links and scrambled eggs. I had some cereal and coffee. Thinking chicken and cheese quesadilla's and rice and beans for dinner.

Dave wanted to eat in.
20240327_161601_resized.jpg

I wanted teriyaki boneless wings. 😁
20240327_161739_resized.jpg

Was a great Birthday. :cool:

Last edited:
I could really go for some pancakes right now!
Yep I needed it. Been up since 3am because I'm recovering from nightshift and not feeling well. Need some food in my stomach so I can take drugs. Banana pancakes seem to be the right choice. And quick and easy.

Breydon changed up dinner plans and wanted tomato soup with a grilled cheese sammich. So I decided to try mayo instead of butter as @TheMadPlumbarian suggested. It turned out really good. No pics because my phone was :dead:

So better then norm? Are you going to be changing things?
JR
Yeah, I will be using mayo from now on. It was good. I didn't notice a huge difference, but I also used a different bread and cheese than normal. But it's a lot easier to spread on the bread than butter is, so there is that 😉

Yep I needed it. Been up since 3am because I'm recovering from nightshift and not feeling well. Need some food in my stomach so I can take drugs. Banana pancakes seem to be the right choice. And quick and easy.
And so good. :thumbs-up:

Now I'm gonna have try it. I love Mexican food.
I hope you like it. Not everyone agrees with me about how wonderful it is. My best friend and his wife won't eat it. And it will also depend on the Mexican Restaurant. Some know very well how to make it and others can struggle with making a good Flan. Some restaurants have their own twist on a Flan and some restaurants stick to traditional Flans. A traditional Mexican Flan dessert is a straightforward custard with melted Carmel sugar over the top then a topping over that with maybe whip creme and maybe chocolate. Some Flans are served without any topping. I had one restaurant put cinnamon on top of the whip creme. It was awesome. There’s one Mexican restaurant I frequent that make what is called their “ChocoFlan”. Rich Chocolate cake layer on the bottom and the Flan custard layer on the topped with whip creme over the top. I think I gained three pounds just talking about all this Flan dessert. Of course, If you’re unable to get a Flan for dessert at your favorite Mexican Restaurant there’s always fried ice cream. 😎👍

I hope you like it. Not everyone agrees with me about how wonderful it is. My best friend and his wife won't eat it. And it will also depend on the Mexican Restaurant. Some know very well how to make it and others can struggle with making a good Flan. Some restaurants have their own twist on a Flan and some restaurants stick to traditional Flans. A traditional Mexican Flan dessert is a straightforward custard with melted Carmel sugar over the top then a topping over that with maybe whip creme and maybe chocolate. Some Flans are served without any topping. I had one restaurant put cinnamon on top of the whip creme. It was awesome. There’s one Mexican restaurant I frequent that make what is called their “ChocoFlan”. Rich Chocolate cake layer on the bottom and the Flan custard layer on the topped with whip creme over the top. I think I gained three pounds just talking about all this Flan dessert. Of course, If you’re unable to get a Flan for dessert at your favorite Mexican Restaurant there’s always fried ice cream. 😎👍
I have had flans from a number of Mexican restaurants and they are always good. I haven't made them for awhile. It's just such a tedious thing to make. Getting the sugar melted without turning it bitter, then getting it in the ramekins before it hardens is always tough for me. But they are definitely one of my all time favorite desserts. Breydon doesn't like them.

But, a local Italian joint makes this 5 layer chocolate marble cake. It's like Tiramisu, chocolate mouse, marble cake, and whipped cream. I have never tried anything better. Their Tiramisu alone and Canoli's are freakin amazing too.
Screenshot_20240327_205426.jpg

I learned how to make them a couple years ago. Lot of fun trying to get the sugar just right. And yeah, I didn't run the egg mixture through a strainer first. I'm lazy 😉
View attachment 186313
No I just never heard of flan. Looks crazy, do you have it cold?

No I just never heard of flan. Looks crazy, do you have it cold?
Yes, served cold. Not as good as a good restaurant offering, but they are sold in groceries stores. In the refrigerated section, usually with the puddings.
Screenshot_20240327_220351.jpg

Back