What is the biggest and best nitro engine for a revo?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MDWondra

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
One of the friends and I were out bashing today and while he was driving his it was running great. Temps were looking fine, but he didnt check the temp for awhile. All of a sudden his tires lock up and the truck quits running. So he wants to go with a big block, but I told him I would get on here and see what the people with more experience thought about his choice. Any suggestions are welcome and appreciated.

BB are ok but you need the New Era BB mount which basically clocks the motor. I would just get a picco .26 maxx or reddot with the revo mount. drops right in.

well it all depends on how much you want to spend.
If money is no object then i would get an O.S. Engines 21VZ-B V-Spec II World Edition $530!!!!!!!!!!!!! http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXWDH4&P=ML

1. O.S. .21 Vspec $250 (Big Block conversion)

OR

2. Picco .26 Red Dot $200 ( direct drop in)

3. O.S. 21 TM $280

4. RB TM523 $315

These are my pics

Last edited:
If you tune the 3.3 correctly it has tons of power and should not overheat. I have put big blocks in two trucks in the past. I was never happy. They are heavy and all I did was break parts. I was always working on the trucks. But this is just my opinion.

If you tune the 3.3 correctly it has tons of power and should not overheat. I have put big blocks in two trucks in the past. I was never happy. They are heavy and all I did was break parts. I was always working on the trucks. But this is just my opinion.

I agree... Either do the cheapest route which is Traxxas ERP at 116.00 for the 3.3 or the picco .26. Me myself stay with the 3.3 plenty of power and to me it seems to be the best all around engine. For the price. (Just my 1 and a half cents :p)

well it all depends on how much you want to spend.
If money is no object then i would get an O.S. Engines 21VZ-B V-Spec II World Edition $530!!!!!!!!!!!!! http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXWDH4&P=ML

1. O.S. .21 Vspec $250 (Big Block conversion)

OR

2. Picco .26 Red Dot $200 ( direct drop in)

3. O.S. 21 TM $280

4. RB TM523 $315

These are my pics

I've seen that world spec engine on a revo before and its nearly uncontrollable but IMO the best bang for your buck engine would have to be the Picco .26 (i'm partial to it because i have one)

I have the RB TM 523. No complaints yet. Havent had much time to really use it but so far I like it. I saw a video of a revo with a Ninja engine in it, Thing was pretty badass.

If your fixated on doin a big block i would go with the AXIAL 28RR. I had a few different mills before discovering this very fairly priced rocket.. however you do need the New era bb kit or maybe even the traxxas would work.. And if you do go with the AXIAL it has to be the RR not the regular SPEC 1.. the RR gives you plenty of torque and still has insane top as to the regular Spec 1 just gives you loads of torque...

her is a couple old pic's my Picco red dot , is not a direct drop you will need this http://www.rcplanet.com/Ofna_Engine_Mount_Revo_p/ofn51531.htm

007-1.jpg

005-2.jpg

100_2118.jpg

Back