What is best???????

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Z

Zoomer

I am looking at buying a 1/8th scale buggy, what would be the best one for me to go with? Something kinda easy and durable, I do have another Nitro car, so I do know how to mess with the engine. What brand is most durable, I live in TX, so a lot of dirt!!! :ban: I am looking at spending up to $600 for everything, does not matter if RTR or kit, if it is a kit, what engine should I get, and Radio set up?

~Thanx
JZ

This is the best buggy i have ever seen and it is the upgrade of mine. The Thunder Tiger EB4. This car is extremely durable and it comes in a kit and runs about $450 with engine.

Well, I've only owned one buggy, so my opinion may be a little biased, but the Kyosho Inferno is a very good buggy. They have at least 3 kits available....

Inferno MP 7.5 Sport (more of a beginers kit, which is what I have) - comes with a GS .21 Sport engine, which pretty much blows. And to top it off the engine doesn't have the standard mounting holes so you can't really use it in anything else, at least not that I've seen. And the chassis won't accept an engine with standard mounting holes. So if you ever want to replace the engine you are going to have to buy the new chassis which isn't cheap ($100+ for the hardened chassis)

Inferno MP 7.5 - their standard kit, no engine, no radio

Inferno MP 7.5 Kanai II - I think its got just about every available upgrade. A world championship quality ride....with a very worldly price tag, but worth it if you are serious about it.

So make sure NOT to get the sport kit. But other than the engine/chasis issue, I'm 110% happy with this buggy. Its tough, I've been through some pretty nasty high speed crashes, and nothing breaks. In the 3+ months I've had it I've only had to replace 1 a-arm and a shock cap (and kyosho sells individual shock parts so I didn't get stuck having to buy a set of shocks to fix a busted cap).

Radio setup: Well I see a lot of guys braging about their expensive radios and all the neat stuff you can do with them. But I've just got a basic Futaba with a high-torque steering servo, it works fine.

Where abouts in Texas are you?

Wow Kanai are the Dominating buggy and you pay for it.

Actually you can get the versioon 1 for 549.99 and ver 2 for 619 at ultimatehobbies.com. You have to call for prices to so I took the work out of it for you.. X

I've been around most of them except the EB4 so I can't comment on it. IMO, the Kyosho 7.5 is the best overall. The Mugen looks pretty durable and is very nice as well. You cannot go wrong with either of these two. I would put the Hyper 7 Pro next on the list, with the Storm Pro right there with it. GS had some problems with their first generation of buggies, but they have worked them out and it is supposed to be much more durable than before.

KYOSHO KYOSHO KYOSHO KYOSHO KYOSHO KYOSHO !!! MP7.5 !!!! GET IT OR DIE! lol j/k... I have the Kanai 1 and kanai 2 and they rock. Durable as hell and a great racer.

:banana: Thanx X for taking the work out of it for me :p
Oh! and Nitrowannabe I live in El Paso. Right next to Mexico, My buggie will be the first to jump the Rio Grande! lol, oh and to top it off, I am practically the only white guy here in this town, and I DONT know how to speak spanish.

I am going to check out all the kits n all, thanx for all the help,
Those of you with the Inferno MP 7.5 Kanai II, Kyosho, or Hyper 7 pro let me know what upgrades you got, and the biggest downfall of it.

WAIT!!! I hope you haven't bought a kit yet. I'm surprised nobody mentioned the Hotbodies Lightning RTR!!!

My track carries them (for $370, yes, RTR) & I heard rumors around that it was a Kanai clone built for Hotbodies by guess who, Kyosho. I checked one out close up & it is true!!! :OMG: You can even get Kanai parts & K2 upgrades, they bolt right on.

I've been into nitro for 7 years & just got my brother hooked. I thought only a GT LX would fit in his budget so I'd have an edge at the track with my Worlds;). I'm jealous, he's basically going to get a Kanai now. For me this was a totally unexpected problem, but I plan on giving him less than brotherly setup advice to maintain a level playing field. :trout:

The best buggy is definitely mbx-4 xr works. Way more durable than a kyosho. My buggy hasn't broken a part yet. It has overall the most technology in its design, and its shows on the racetrack.

i know this is off subject zoomer, but i just read your sig. have you ever seen one of those experiments where scientists showed rats that were full on crack addicts? animals can, as man did long ago, stumble upon a drug & become addicted. not that anyone here cares, but...:smoke:

Go for the Storm RTR. When you get better you can always upgrade to the pro. The stock engine comes with 2.3 BHP which is plenty to take table tops and tripels. It is VERY tuff has great aftermarket support from Hardcore Racing to Dynamite. You figure all of these buggies are pretty much laid out the same and have the same type of upgrade parts. The Storm is almost an identical copy of the Inferno 7.5 Steering setup and all for a cheaper price in an RTR form. It cost $425 and has a JR XR3i digital FM radio and reciever installed to make it a sweet deal! Just my .02

STORM PRO

Go for the Storm RTR or Storm Pro, I can leave them all in the dust in the track and while everyone is replacing parts I am still running out there. It is the most durable and easy to tune. It has a great racing plataform. The 9.5 is not that good. Believe me we got them at my track and the output on that engine is not that great.

Ahh another thread has come back to life to haunt us

quiet down x, i am keeping up with it, i didnt forget about it,

the two that I want to comapre is the mbx-4 xr, or Storm Pro.
I am going to do some searching on the net, and I will let you all know what I get! lol

IT LIVES IT LIVES!!!!!

What about the Ofna Ultra MBX Pro or Ofna 9.5 w/Failsafe.

this is a pretty old post, so his question has probably been answered.