What is a typical lifespan of a 3.3

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hdrider281

RCTalk Champion
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I'm just curious as to the typical life span of a revo 3.3? i know break in and running too lean affect things. but on average, if you broke it in correctly , what is a reference? 2 gallons - 5 gallons -10 gallons?

also i travel a lot and want to know about storing a truck on a shelf for 4 months at a time sometimes. any special precautions for storing an engine for an extended time.

Take out the plug and spray some wd 40 in the plug hole and in the carb. Maybe spray about a 1 second burst in each. Then turn the engine over several times. Hold it upside down and turn it over again, then re-install plug. That is for long term storage, you can use less wd for short term storage. With the plug in you may want to shoot a little cleaner into the head (upside down) to clean the oil off the plug area.

About 5-7 gallons, if you are lucky.

2-3 gallons
change out the stock bearings for some TKO ceramics after the first gallon and you might get another 2-3 out of it tops.

i got about 6 gallons and still seems to have loads of power, take care of it and it will take care of you.

They guy at my lhs says that his race engines last 10-13 gallons with a lower nitro content (16%) and good tuning

That's true, but I don't see why you can't get more than 2-3 gallons out of a 3.3 if you can with other engines. I may be wrong though, I've only ever had a 3.3

So what are you saying? race engines run twice as long? if money didnt matter... whats the badest engine to put in a revo 3.3?

Race engines use higher quality materials machined to better tolerances and are just plain better. The 3.3 is still a pretty good 'rtr' engine though.

Back