What do I do...?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rx7r695p

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I can't figure out why my engine's rpm's stay raised when the engine gets hot. Why is the engine getting so hot. Why does it shut off when it goes from first to second...?

You're probably running too lean, try richening it a bit. (Turn the HSN to the left) Do you have a temp gun? If so, what are the temps is your engine is running at?

AC48 said:
You're probably running too lean, try richening it a bit. (Turn the HSN to the left) Do you have a temp gun? If so, what are the temps is your engine is running at?
I don't have a temp gun cuz dude @ ace hobbies told me I don't need one. What a bunch of bull. Now here's the new problem I can't tune the damn thing. I'm pissed...! :boxing:

For tuning here is what I suggest. Return the carb to factory settings, then go buy a temp guage. From the factory settings it should be running rich, so you will want to turn the HSN to the right at 1/8 incriments until you get good performance. Use the temp gun to make sure that you aren't going over 280 degrees. Once you have the HSN tuned its time for the LSN. For this you should let idle for 10 seconds (after it reaches full running temps) then give it a lot of throttle. If it goes very slow and bogs, lean the LSN 1/16. If it pauses for a second and then goes very fast, richen the LSN 1/16. Do this test until you get good, crisp acceleration. The last thing to try is the pinch test. Pinch the fuel line, if the RPMs speed up very fast and it dies the LSN is too lean. If it takes a little while for it to speed up and die, its too rich. Again, during all of this make sure you are not going over 280 for temps.

Last edited:
you may have a air leak,or maybe some trash in your needles,but it sounds to me like your lean start off as stated above ac48 and if you still got problems come back here and well help!!!

You might want to take your carb off and inspect it just to make sure it's not plugged or anything, or got a weak seal for that matter. I used to have the same problem, it turns out I tightened the carb nut down too far and it cracked the carb so at high RPM's it would suck air through the crack and seem to run lean and very hot.

Later.