Want to start making more Lexan Parts

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redhatman

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Well, I LOVE making stuff, and I have made shock towers and skids and whatnot and thinking about doing more of it. However, I need some advice.

Usually I just use my dremel, and it isnt store bought quality. I was thinking if my products work good enough then I could sell them.

What tools do you guys use/recommend for making stuff? I would be making flat stuff, not 3d. Maybe recommendations on stuff like scroll saws, sanders, drill presses?

Any hints/tips? Pics? Tutorials? Inspiration stories of other people with all lexan vehicles? (I think on another forum someone made an all lexan pede? Anyone have a link?)

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot
-Pat

FastEddy said:
I use a Dremel 231 Router Table
Makes nice clean edges and depending on the bit they can be 1/4 rounded or beveled if you want. Its an inexpensive tool thats great to have in the shop.
http://www.dremelstore.us/drem231shapt.html

I'm also moving this to the tool forum.

Thanks, do you know if it works with other models besides dremels as well? My rotary tool is a craftsman, that is like a mock-up dremel.

i have one of those craftsman ones, and a dremle, i like the dremle WAY better, and the biggest reason is the craftsman isnt variable rpm.

I'm thinking dremle makes a "drill press" setup as well..

how strong is this lexan stuff? i would think it would be brittle, maby I'm thinking of the wrong stuff....

my craftsman is a 2 speed.

Yes, dremel makes a drill press as well

lexan is pretty flexible and is easy to work with. However, standard rc plastic is more flexible. Lexan is what bodies are made of ;)

Back