Veterans Day

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TalonOne

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I know it was officially yesterday but I feel motivated to post this.

I as many of you have, family in the armed forces and many who have served in the past. WE have been fortunate to be able to have them all come home in one piece.....for that I am thankful.

Although I disagree with our use of the military these days to further corporate gain, I respect and honer those who follow orders and keep us safe.

So just short note to remind us all that the freedoms and privileges that we enjoy also carry a heavy price, usually paid by someone else for us, in advance.

So honer a Vet today....say thank you...pray for those in service as well......especially the commander in chief.....he needs ALL the help he can get....

TalonOne
Over and out

Last edited:
Amen brother! There isn't a day that goes by that I don't say a silent thank-you for each and every one of my freedoms.

When my nieces' ex-fiancee' went overseas to Iraq, I made sure to tell him to tell every member of his troop that there are people back home that appreciate EVERYTHING the men and women are doing for us over here.

God Bless the USA, and bless those who served, so others may live free!

Woodie that was a cool link..........some how I also zip directly to the forms and rarely hit the front page.....Nice site wide tribute....

A big thank you to all who serve this great country!

I sat here in front of this thread for 15 minutes deciding whether or not to add something. I realized that if I didn't, they would be forgotten.
I did my time during the Viet Nam era, and when I was a "short timer" (less than 90 days left) I spent 2 months driving 420 recruits from the 198th light infantry brigade out to the field for training. Long convoys of deuce and a halves, 24 guys and all their equipment on each truck. Different guys on different trucks every day. During this time I wore a 3X5 card on my helmet with the number of days I had left written in a red magic marker. (an Army tradition) Naturally, they busted my chops, and I busted theirs. At the end of their training we again lined up our convoy and they climbed aboard. I closed the tailgate and we drove them to Gray Airbase in Texas where they shipped to Viet Nam. Several of them wished ME luck since I now had less than 30 days before becoming a civilian.
Two weeks later, they were all gone. All of them. 420 kids. Every Veteran's day and every Memorial day, these are the ones I think about, because I saw their faces and heard their laughter.
I don't know a single name, but I'll never lose the image of looking into the back of my truck as I closed the tailgate, and seeing both innocence and fear as they prepared to ship out.
So, to all 420 men in the advance party of the 198th Light Infantry Brigade, I remember you, and I salute you.

Thanks for starting this thread, TalonOne and thanks for remembering the true American heroes, WoodiE.

Last edited:
Back