Ups Sucks

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't even realize the tops was metal - I was thought it was a translucent plastic to allow sun to shine and light the inside of the truck. At least all the UPS trucks I've seen was this way.

-Michael

thekonz said:
did you all know they don't paint the roofs of the trucks to "save" money. "

They don't paint the roofs because it lets light in.

Yeah the top is translucent to allow light in. Anyway, I ship stuff and deal with different companies all the time for work and they all have problems. As of late DHL has been one of the better ones to deal with and usually they are cheaper than the others. Weather delays and catostrophic events are more common than you think and sometimes you just have to roll with it. Usually a pleasant phone call will result in either a full or partial refund. Just two weeks ago we were expecting a windshield for one of the airplanes, it didn't show up when it was supposed to so I start calling and the vendor starts calling. Find out the FedEx Freight center had a fire and nothing was going out except stuff marked medical supplies, not even AOG packages (it means Aircraft On Ground) which usually gets priority handling. We were fortunate enough to an other way of getting it before the flight but I mean the situation was undertandable. It was more understandable than the time they left a $200,000 HUD Overhead out on the ramp and it got rained on.

I would say that I recive 90% of my packages via UPS, not once have they been late, Actually Alot of times the are 1 day early. Just last thursday I bought something and it was here the next day, I only paided for the standard ground shipping. From what I have seen USPS has bad tracking but that is ok. The other 10% of my packages come via USPS and that is cause is it easier for me to hand the package to my stepdad and then when he goes into work(THe post office) he drops it off for me.

Maybe I am lucky but all of the UPS drivers here are nice, A few times I havn't been home to recive a package and they dont place it on the door step... they take a empety garabage can then cover up the package with that.

WoodiE said:
Yes, any time I order someone online I usually have it shipped via USPS or FedEx.

-Michael

someone eh? :spit:

Here's how USPS looks at packages. If you send a package other than Express, Insured, certified, Signature confirmation, return reciept requested or registered, the package will be left at the address whether or not you are home. The mail carrier is supposed attempt to leave the package in a secure area when possible. That is why we offer so many options.

UPS can deliver quick if the seller is within a certain distance. For instance, If I buy from TeamFasteddy I know in two days I will have my package. If I order from someone in So Cal I will receive it the next day. Either method is using UPS Ground.

Back