upgrade for lst

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

honda237

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I have a lst and I am about to put in a new lrp .28 spec 3 engine and a dynamite engine brace. I was wondering what I should upgrade on the truck? I also have a problem with it going, it will take off then you here the engine rev up then the engine goes back to idle then the gears grab again, do any of you guys have any suggestions?

Hard bodyz roll cage, proline series 40 rims and tires. and LST 2 kit has been said by other users, but i havent had a chance to get one yet.

your One way bearing in you slipper clutch is slipping probably. take a paper towel and twist up a corner to fit in the bearing. then turn it both ways and pull it out. repeat until the paper towel comes out clean. as for upgrades, get a tuned pipe and an lst-2 upgrade kit. if you havent done it already do the FOC mod.

upgrade the brakes,roll cage,tuned pipe,lst2 upgrade kit,fail safe,proline tires and wheels are great,rpm arms are a must

i had that same problem with my lst2 honda. try leaning the mixture a bit. that fixed it for me.

i had that same problem with my lst2 honda. try leaning the mixture a bit. that fixed it for me.
This will only happens will only happen the first couple of minutes until the engine gets warm then it works fine.

your One way bearing in you slipper clutch is slipping probably. take a paper towel and twist up a corner to fit in the bearing. then turn it both ways and pull it out. repeat until the paper towel comes out clean. as for upgrades, get a tuned pipe and an lst-2 upgrade kit. if you havent done it already do the FOC mod.

What is the FOC mod and I cleaned it with paper towel and it still slips. The one way bearing is only a month old.

try cleaning it with a solvent. i used starting fluid on mine and now it runs perfect.

I oiled the bearing and it fixed my problem thanks.:yes:

RPM arms (with lunsford turnbuckles in the uppers) and the RPM arm adapter shims, some sort of roll bar (new era 3-point is pretty good) and the +1 CB from losi or a +2/3 from 8man.

well it only has the 2 stearing servos and 1 for throttle &break and the 2 holes in the top of te trani have the plugs in em

is the lst2 the only one that had reverse?

Last edited:
May have to verify the FOC has been done just to make sure the servo wasn't just removed. There are other mods to help you out like swapping the gears in the FOC kit. It allows more top end. I did mine already but...mine is still in pieces.

#1 upgrade....

Team Losi Titanium Nitride Spur Gear And Pinion Combo.... you will never ever strip a gear again. lol

...like swapping the gears in the FOC kit. It allows more top end.

I did mine as well and run a +1 CB, but I run normal maxx sized tires, so my roll out was about the same as stock with the flipped gears. I should just bite the bullet and get a +2 or +3 from 8man... although, it's faster than I can handle in most of my bashing areas already. Pesky lrp...

yah i toasted my spurs today...also it wont roll in reverse anymore...anybody know whats up with that?...and do they sell the gears from the foc kit without the whole kit?...i just want the higher top end...anybody have a link to the foc upgrade btw?

sorry guys, I'm not a noob to nitro but these trucks seem different than any of my other cars/trucks