Twitchy LST

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NITRO 21

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
The last couple of times I have taken my LST out it has been twitching as to where i can't even turn it and it takes it a while to accelerate and brake, I wanted to know if this was because of my batteries or is it the radio because this is my first synthesized Radio are there certain channels that work better and if its my batteries how long can I run on a fully charged pack as it was on the first tank today that it began twitching, the pack I am using Peak Blitz 1200 mAh pack.

how long has it been since you last recharged the batt? I use an XS3 and I haven't found any difference between channels.when my battery pack runs low I first lose my steering,then my other servos begin to twitch.when you run 4 servos,batts usually run down quicker...especially if the steering servos are high torque.

The battery had just been charged the night before and this was the first time using it since, I have been charging it with just the $10 dollar wall charger , is there a better charger out there that I should look into.

I use a duratrax charger for my hump pack,I bought it when I started racing micros this past winter,it's worked great for me and the price was good too.other popular choices are the super brain 959 and the super brain 969 .I prefer these types of chargers because they're more accurate for charging these batts than the wall charger,and you can choose your current setting so that you can charge your batteries quicker.

Make sure there are no metal to metal things rubbing. That causes problems! Thanks to SKYMAXX I got that straightened out. I thought I had a bad RX paxk or crappy crystals but that was the freaking culprit the whole time!!

jon2 said:
Make sure there are no metal to metal things rubbing. That causes problems! Thanks to SKYMAXX I got that straightened out. I thought I had a bad RX paxk or crappy crystals but that was the freaking culprit the whole time!!
good point

Thanks for the help , I checked and there was no metel to metel contact so I think the pack I thought was fully charged wasn't, I will be getting a better charger some time soon, does anyone know how long a run I can get on a fully charged 1200 mAh pack.

also make sure your crystals are secure in your rx and tx that happened in my pcr the crystal in the rx came right out NOT GOOD!

With the JR XS3 I dont have to worry about crystals in the transmitter or the reciever I believe, but thanks for the tip.

I believe the problem was a low battery , I went to the hobby shop to look for a better charger and they said for just charging the nimh packs that the wall charger is fine because you dont want to charge them to quickly, and that what the wall charger puts out I wouldn't want to charge it much faster.

Back from the dead. I am helping my bro break in his LST and am wondering whether it is his batteries or not. I have a spare 1100Mah RX rechargeable pack I can try out but I wanted to see if anyone else has seen this happen. I am leaning towards the pack as well . I also changed channels and still saw the same thing. Steering would not respond and throttle was twitchy like it would accelerate sometimes but would return to neutral. Opinions please.

YES my LST has the same issue. It did it with alkalines and it only happens when the truck is accellerating TORWARDS me. going away from me it is fine. I put it the Ofna 1400mAh pack and noticed it does it tool I am using a quick charger that takes about 15-20 minutes to charge the flat pack. I have changed channels too and it does not seem to make a difference. I am assuming it is because the battery is low. It just does not take long to drain the Batt far enough to start this issue. (2 tanks). I wonder what would happen if we used a fail-safe. would it kick on when this happens? How low do you run the Radio batteries. Mine got to 9.4V and I changed them to see if it made a difference. No luck. Low Batt or radio interferrence?

The XS3 will work fine down to 10V IMO. After that I would change them out as having fun can make you forget things. I might think of getting a 2300 Mah battery for him to get him going.

Jon, I would definately go with the larger battery pack. I am still using the 1200 mah and dont get great run times with it and I know it is fully charged. As for the fail safe I use the ofna failsafe and before it even kicks on the truck will start twitching but is still able to lunge forward and slowly turn but is not controlable at all this is when I know the batteries are low. The fail safe works for loss of signal, but not really for the rx packs atleast for me it doesn't