Chargers - My current experience

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do yourself a favor and spend the money on a 24V DC power supply and a good iCharger. Any of the iChargers are good. Revolectrics are also good and if you're on a budget Id suggest a HOTA D6Pro. Just my :2cents:
Thanks for suggesting the iCharger brand. Next time I'm in the market for a charger, I will give their offering a closer look. For now, I'm going to use the one's I've already got. I'm gathering the Tenergy one isn't toast, but just might not be the highest quality available. As far as the S2200 from spektrum, It's going to get used. I have 7 different 2S & 3S Spektrum G2 batteries. Live and learn, right?

What about ProTek? Reedy Zappers? Maclan V4s? ...Fantom and LRP...Spektrum makes shorty packs. ...

If you are racing stock, then there is no substitute for Trinity White Carbon's:
https://www.teamtrinity.com/tep2321-74v-5600mah-130c-shorty-w5mm-bullets.html

For me, I feel that the higher capacity packs tend to hold their punch for longer in 8 min mains, but the lower capacity LCG packs will do fine for tracks with shorter 5 min mains.

Depending on track layout, and driving style you may find LCG to be faster (or slower) where I would recommend investing in both and check your lap times to see which pack is faster for you and your given layout. When they change the layout, be sure to go back and check your lap times between pack designs to see which one is faster.

For my driving style I have always found the highest capacity pack to work best for me and can't leverage the gains with the LCG packs but I know there are many guys who swear they are faster with LCG packs.. to each is own so I can't tell you which is faster for you at your track with their current layout :(

Back