The 22S IROC-Z

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J’sCrawler

RCTalk Addict
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
  4. Flying
So after having my 22s sct up for sale for a couple weeks with no real bites, I decided I was probably asking too much and decided to keep it. I then began to think about a transformation for it. I landed on the idea of putting a car body on it, and found the iroc-z from proline. They were on sale, and the clear one was already discontinued so I decided to get a black one before they were gone. Well the first one came all bent up and creased on all 4wheel wells but proline sent me a new one after I sent them some pictures.
Going from the sct to fitting up a drag body merely required the 22s drag front and rear body mounts. I found a deal on eBay that included the front bumper assembly with the hardware. You have to remove both sct bumpers because they don’t fit under the car.
The plan is to downsize the motor to a 3650 3100kv motor instead of the 3660 3200kv it currently uses. That should tame it down a bit and be easier on the drivetrain. There’s no need to wheelie this car anymore. I can still use 2s and 3S batteries.
IMG_4950.jpeg
IMG_4949.jpeg
IMG_4948.jpeg

How big is that body? I have one from........oh crud what's the name? That family from "Home Alone"? Oh yeah, McCallister Racing. Fits my Rustler kind of like a parade float, but I had to do it because I have a 1:1 scale IROC Z.
IM000345.JPG
IM000347.JPG
I would love 1 that fits a little better.

With sct tires I had to trim the fenders a bit a still need to raise the ride height in the rear. I’m going to look at dirt oval tires and most likely pick some up if they have a smaller OD than the “hole shots” that I put on there for now. I don’t want to trim much more of the body. I used the dimples provided to place the body mount holes, but I think the body needs to be a little farther forward. Oh well I can live with it.
I beefed up the body with some flex paste, ran out of that and used clear gorilla glue around the holes. Today is testing day!
IMG_4951.jpeg
IMG_4952.jpeg

How big is that body? I have one from........oh crud what's the name? That family from "Home Alone"? Oh yeah, McCallister Racing. Fits my Rustler kind of like a parade float, but I had to do it because I have a 1:1 scale IROC Z. View attachment 175201View attachment 175202 I would love 1 that fits a little better.
I would say it’s fit for a slash as well but advertised specifically for the losi 22s drag. The rustler is wider than the slash yes? It’s roughly 11” wide and may not fit the rustler.

I had to cut my wells to cartoonish proportions, and add some plastic plates under the hood to keep the nose from bouncing, especially with the headlight hardware in there. On some cars, I have had to use pen tubes to strengthen where the windshield meets the fenders. I glued in some plastic washers for the hole reinforcement.

I had to cut my wells to cartoonish proportions, and add some plastic plates under the hood to keep the nose from bouncing, especially with the headlight hardware in there. On some cars, I have had to use pen tubes to strengthen where the windshield meets the fenders. I glued in some plastic washers for the hole reinforcement.
Yeah I don’t think this would fit, so this gives you a chance to pick up an sct for this purpose or for fun put one on a current vehicle you have maybe?

Ride height is set to my liking. LOSB2963 is a set of rear springs for the “TEN“ is what the label says and that’s what I use on the 22s with one of the ride height adjustment clips on the lower shock perch to keep the spring from trying to pop out. I have red (2.7) rate upfront and orange (3.0) in the rear. There’s no weight upfront hence the softest shock I have. The 22 buggy shocks fit too but I only have fronts and they are just too short. You would have to use rear buggy shocks I would think.
IMG_4953.jpeg

well now i know what my next short corse body will be haha. This is awesome!
These are about 3/4-1” shorter than sct tires:
https://www.amainhobbies.com/prolin...-buggy-tires-2-m4-pro8274-03/p867854?v=862212
So I just need a 2.2 buggy wheel yeah?

Nicely done! :thumbs-up:
Thanks.
seriously though, proline should have the dimples for the body mounts set back a little. The rear fender/wheel well looks a little silly with the large gap. I won’t see that when it’s in action though.

Let’s go boys! A couple of runs up and down the street on 19/84 stock spur/slipper assembly. I will probably put the avid slipper back in it, go up to a 20/87. this is with the 3660 3200kv HW that will transplant into the Tekno.
IMG_4958.jpeg

Last edited:
Could use a nascar style wing on the back

well now i know what my next short corse body will be haha. This is awesome!
These are about 3/4-1” shorter than sct tires:
https://www.amainhobbies.com/prolin...-buggy-tires-2-m4-pro8274-03/p867854?v=862212
Ahh I get it now, so with some rear buggy wheels and these or similar tires I have the same width as an sct tire but the diameter is smaller effectively lowering ride height. Jconcepts has a really nice rear buggy wheel called the 9shot that would look great. It took some research but I have this all figured out now.
https://www.rcplanet.com/jconcepts-9-shot-2.2-rear-wheel-in-black-2pc-jco3398b-jco3398b/p1157756

Last edited:
Back