Turn to the Right, turn to the left

• Thread starter TRDStreetFighter
  • Start date

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TRDStreetFighter

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Okay I have 2 HPI cars... SNR & RS4 3ss... I've noticed that when I turn the wheel to the right is doesn't turn as much as to the left due to the servo in it's way.. do you guys notice this? I've notice this when I was taking pictures.. if not the servo in the way but the design flaw???

this may be cause by tour radio dual rate %. check your radio.:tank:

Where is your steering trim? Is it all the way to the right to make the wheels centerred? If so, you may just be hitting the end point. By hacing both your tx and rx on, disconncet the servo horn, reset your trim back to 0, reconnect the horn centerred.

Actually it turns out that when building the kit it said to add a servo spacer, which was optional. This made the servo stick out more which preventing the steering to turn fully to the right..

These pieces of crap!!
steer3.jpg

steer2.jpg

steer1.jpg

steer4.jpg

Last edited:
Looking at the pics, I think Chris may be onto it. If you look at when they wheels are at full lock left, the servo horn is barely past vertical. But when you're at full lock right, the servo horn is at maximal deflection. I'm thinking the servo horn needs to be reset.

Oh, and I just got to see the last pic. I'd remove the spacers. It does look like the steering arm may be hitting the servo. Try both.

yeah the pics that are shown when the spacers are still in... I took them off and everything is all cool... it bugged me for a while and finally I thought about it and came up with the solution in my SLEEP...