tuning help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rdladd786

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
i have a 2.5r and can't get it tuned some days it will run fine others it will go 5ft and shut off have no clue on what it is spent hours trying to tune it and still no luck. any info on tuning would be helpfull also it will sometimes run for 5min then shut off and wont start back up for about 15min! thinking i should have bought a savage!:angry:

Not even close to being an expert but two things to check: 1st) Check for air leaks in the fuel system. 2nd) Check that you don't have a dirty or non-working one-way. It's gonna be a process of elimination. Stay tuned as I am positive others will have more feed-back for you. Good luck!

yeah check 4 leaks(backplate,carb body,tighten cooling head) there will be fuel on block if theres an air leak. i would also reset the needles on the carb to factory(4 turns out from closed on high speed needle)low speed should be alil rich which traxxas tells u to set it flush w/ the ring that surrounds it-i find it alil richer helps alot-if it pops wheelies from a dead stop then ur right on. also check your fuel lines and make sure the tank seals properly. good luck