TRX 3.3 vs Picco .26 Max?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flatblack

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So come spring time, I'll be putting the Micro T away and bringing out the big boy! I'm going to be putting in a new mill and can't decide whether to shell out the extra cash for the .26 Max Red Dot or save some cash for other mods and go with the 3.3. I know both have good power, but from the research I've done the Picco is easier to keep a tune on. I mean it's almost $100 difference. Is the power of the .26 the much more than the 3.3?

Has anyone had experience with swapping one of these mills for the other?

Well, with the red dot your looking at 2X the power. You just can't go wrong with it. Save your pennies and get the Ofna.

Something told me this was going to be the case! And something else also tells me my 2.5 driveline isn't gonna stand up to that beast of a motor.

I'm looking at shelling a good chunk of change for the red dot and the necessary upgrades to keep the truck rolling.

i run the red dot and it blew my 3.3 away. its worth the money and amain has the best price on the red dor i think.

I have the non red-dot (the original Picco .26 maxx) and it's a beast. Easy to tune and powerful. Way better than the 3.3.

Then again, I have the 3.3 chassis with the Revo spec gears; your 2.5 might not be able to handle it.

i have heard the picco engines have so much power more than needed in some cases

yea go for the picco .26 you can try horizonhobbies as well as tower

I forgot to mention in my previous post that even if you have the 3.3 driveline installed, you WILL need metal center driveshafts. My stock plastic driveshafts twisted like noodles before breaking after about a week with the picco.

i have not run the pico at all but i have the 3.3 engine and tranny in my 2.5 and it has been holding up very well. i have 3.3 centers but ya with that much more power the plastic shafts would not hold for too long.

center cvd is a much i got the flm ice chassie so it came with the rear shaft and my traxxas front cvd still fit. i also run cvd;s on all 4 corners. with my picco red dot

i run a .28 with a 2.5 tranny and it runs great with al stock parts for the driveline

i also run the 2.5 in mine and i have no problems at all. Its all about that slipper clutch

Back