Traxxas Summit ?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1Scorpion

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
Wasn’t sure where to post this. If this wrong please delete.
I currently have rock crawler. A TRX 4 SPORT. But I have an acre and a half of field. So I’m wanting more speed plus 4 wheel drive to get through the grass . So I decided maybe a Summit. Just my luck they are out of stock. So should I wait or is there another model I should consider ? Thanks
I want something that i can crawl and also has some speed for my next r/c.

A summit does not have the speed. its a decent crawler but not a speed machine. To get both not sure.I have 1 summit 3 e-revos all setup differently.My summit has Big Joes with cvds brushed 775 .I only run 3 cell lipo in it 4 is to much for tires and gearing as I have it setup.my revos I have 1 with a Kershaw 1000kv motor
and it runs on 8 cell lipo -Jacos foams it will do close to 80 in a field not tall grass
Id buy a different esc and motor and see what I could do with trx

I want something that i can crawl and also has some speed for my next r/c.
You can have both, but it doesn't come cheap, and just be aware there are compromises for both disciplines. My Wraith is setup with a RC4WD AX2 two speed trans that I can shift on the fly from the radio, as well as a Tekin PRO4 3300kv sensored brushless setup with 12/60 gearing if memory serves.

It'll crawl very well for a scale rig, and in high gear is pretty fast but obviously has handling quirks of being a solid axle rig setup soft for trail/rock performance. Any do it all rig is always a compromise, you just have to choose what you do most and tune your setup for that, and be aware it won't be that great at the other end of the spectrum.

Like @tntpoof said, summit doesn't have the speed.

I would look into maybe a Maxx? E Revo 2.0? 1/8 Arrma stuff?

How tall / thick is the grass in the field?

Like @tntpoof said, summit doesn't have the speed.

I would look into maybe a Maxx? E Revo 2.0? 1/8 Arrma stuff?

How tall / thick is the grass in the field?
About half of my yard I mow regularly. The other part I mow monthly it gets high but not thick. Guess I could quit being so lazy and start mowing every two weeks.

The Max and E Revo are not crawlers. Axial has some rock bashers. Maybe look there. But if you want to just bash and not crawl, the Sledge is a nice truck, or Kraton. Like HPIguy said, you will have to compromise. The Wraith looks pretty good. HPIguy knows a lot. Maybe look into that. 🤓 Good luck. Let us know.

How fast are you looking to go?
About half of my yard I mow regularly. The other part I mow monthly it gets high but not thick. Guess I could quit being so lazy and start mowing every two weeks.
What grass are we talking about? 🙃🤔
I've knocked down grass taller then me. I'm 6' 8. 🤪😬 tool of choice was a stihl FS94r so the exmark can mow!

A summit does not have the speed. its a decent crawler but not a speed machine. To get both not sure.I have 1 summit 3 e-revos all setup differently.My summit has Big Joes with cvds brushed 775 .I only run 3 cell lipo in it 4 is to much for tires and gearing as I have it setup.my revos I have 1 with a Kershaw 1000kv motor
and it runs on 8 cell lipo -Jacos foams it will do close to 80 in a field not tall grass
Id buy a different esc and motor and see what I could do with trx
Yeah it is rather slow it's like 20-25mph stock.