Traxxas Slayer pro won't move when on the ground

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jpslash667

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
Ok so when I hit the throttle when it's on my stand everything is fine, I put it on the ground it won't move. It worked fine for the first few minutes I ran it. Any ideas?

It's a nitro. It doesn't have an esc does it?

Lose slipper, damaged pegs on slipper if old style, broken tranny gear or sheared pin in tranny or a screw backed out in the tranny.

Ok so when I hit the throttle when it's on my stand everything is fine, I put it on the ground it won't move. It worked fine for the first few minutes I ran it. Any ideas?
You can check to see if it's the slipper clutch side or engine clutch side fairly easy. With the body off watch the spur gear when you try to take off. If it turns (or spins) the engine clutch is OK. Then try tightening the slipper clutch up.
(You can check to see how tight the slipper clutch is by hand. Put a small Allen wrench or something in the hole on the input shaft sticking out the back of transmission to keep it from turning. Same shaft the slipper clutch is mounted on. Then try turning the spur gear. It should not turn too easily)

You can check to see if it's the slipper clutch side or engine clutch side fairly easy. With the body off watch the spur gear when you try to take off. If it turns (or spins) the engine clutch is OK. Then try tightening the slipper clutch up.
(You can check to see how tight the slipper clutch is by hand. Put a small Allen wrench or something in the hole on the input shaft sticking out the back of transmission to keep it from turning. Same shaft the slipper clutch is mounted on. Then try turning the spur gear. It should not turn too easily)
What if the spur doesn't turn at all when I do that
?

Ok so update. Sooo I have the dynamite .19 on my rig, I noticed the plastic piece that grabs the throttle off the servo is broken and not fully opening the throttle due to it falling off when I fully open the throttle. So here's hoping it's an easy fix and I don't have to dive deeper