traxxas glow plug wire vs. glow igniter

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChopSt1x94

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
my glow plug wire that connects to the glow plug frayed. i now have the decision to either buy another one, or i could get a glow igniter. I am stumped and can't figure out which i should get. which will be better in the long run, and what kind of ignitor is the best?

well, when that happened to me the first time, I got a new wire and replaced it and the put heat shrink around it to keep it from fraying again. But now, (about two years later) am gonna go to a pull start and glow starter 'cause i'm tired of dealing with the EZ start battery. It comes down to personal preference.
As for which glow starter is best... I'd like to know as well.

Separate Glow ignitor. Preferrably one that is rechargeable and has a meter.

If you decide to keep the Eazy Starter, it will help to keep your stick pack in the Wand to last longer since you are not lighting up the plug too.

Agree....When the stick pack starts to wear down, people will keep cranking wondering why it won't start.
Well, the starter spins, but there's not enough juice to get the plug hot enough.
Go for a good rechargable igniter as jon2 suggests.

Back