Transmiter upgrade?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rollingrock

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I have a stock axial ax10 scorpion rtr. I would like to buy a better trasmiter but not sure what the options are much less the pros and cons. Any help would be greatly useful. Transmiter I have works fine just really cheap...

Last edited:
Any of the current crop of 2.4 GHz radios would be a good upgrade. The good thing is that all of the radios have a built in fail safe. The only real downside that I see is that the radio systems are all different. For example: A Futaba receiver won't work with a Traxxas transmitter.

I'm partial to the Spektrum radios myself. I've been using them for many years and really have had no real problems with them.

Last edited:
my reciever, esc, and transmiter are stock axial... so if i were to buy a 2.4ghz trans and recevier would it all work with my esc and servos then? i know nothing about all of this

I use the 2.4 RC4WD XR4. 90 bucks with the rx. Not expenssive but great range with two 3 way switches for dig and lights or whatever, I love mine

thanks... with that trans and reciever work with my esc just plugs right in or?

so whats the diff between the crystal style transmiter and the 2.4ghz? like i said new to this dumb question i'm sure...

so whats the diff between the crystal style transmiter and the 2.4ghz? like i said new to this dumb question i'm sure...

Your crystal AM/FM radios work similar to a radio station, each require a frequency all by themselves - else you get interference. If you are using an AM/FM radio there is a very real chance that someone else could be on the same channel which would allow them to control your RC weather accidentally or maliciously.

The benefits of a 2.4Ghz radio:

• Nearly zero interference - When a 2.4Ghz radio is turned on it immediately searches the 2.4 Ghz frequency band for an open channel BEFORE transmitting.
  • Better response - Because SS radio systems are completely digital, the latency time is much less. The airplane responds almost instantly to your inputs
  • Shorter antennas - Instead of having a foot and a half or longer antenna sticking out of your RC, the 2.4Ghz antennas are normally around 5-6 inches long. :)

thanks... with that trans and reciever work with my esc just plugs right in or?

i have 30 plus radios all kinds just a few weeks ago i bought a fly sky 2.4 from hobbypartz for 19.70 and free shipping also bought a few spare receivers for 7.40 .this is a nice basic little system and it works grate no glitching at all i love it .i figured for 20.00 bucks what could i loose i bougt a second the next week with 3 more receivers