Exact OEM replacement or carbon upgrade?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidB1126

Team Bomb Pop
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
Front Arms, B74.1

I broke the kit OEM ones, I got replacement arms, I broke about 3 of those arms, which I relized are the carbon upgrade.

The OEM replacements are less flexible and more durable?
The Carbon upgrade arms are lighter but more brittle?
Pros vs Cons of each?
Which one will be more durable for me?
I only broke the stock OEM kit ones as I ran into the pole. I broke multiple carbon ones with landing wrong mostly.

And its always the front, never had any issues with the rear. Maybe its just my driving.

Me and @Greywolf74 was talking about shock towers too.
Currently have an aluminum one on for durability as I was breaking the CF towers way back when. Should I go back to the CF towers or stay with aluminum until I improve?

Also, I lost one of the front sway bar mount screws, the screw goes into the gear box, which I think the threads are stripped out. Was going to get a pack of those screws and just use some glue to hold it in, but I found the same kind of screw but bigger (2.0mm instead of 1.5mm hex cap head) and it holds in perfectly.

Carbon reinforced arms are less flexible which means that they make the car easier to drive on high grip and will be less likely to traction roll at the expense of being more brittle and more likely to break.

After I switched to softer more flexible arms I found the added traction was better for my setup as I never had traction roll issues regardless. You can always go with a stiffer sway bar or reduce ride height to eliminate any traction roll concerns with softer/flexible arms.

CF towers also give a little flex which in turn generates more grip. I would stay with the aluminum towers, it's such a subtle difference that most can hardly tell one way or the other.

Generally when plastic threads strip I will replace the plastic part that has stripped... you seem to have come up with a decent compromise and if it works then giterdone!

Back