TMaxx 1.5 build.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

easy rider

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
Hello fellas. I’ve got a question. I’m pretty dang new on the nitro side of things. But, I’ve got a TMaxx 3.3 so I’m not totally lost. 😁. Anyways, I picked up a 1.5 chassis with tires. It has a lot of parts in a bag that came with it. I’ve got a plan to build this back. Better if possible.

My question is, am I going to be able to find parts for the 1.5? Is their a rebuild kit available or am I going to have to do this piece by piece? Assuming parts are available.

My last question is, should I put it back as a 1.5? Assuming parts are available and it’s worth doing. Or, is there a way to convert that chassis to a 2.5? I know those parts are available.

Thanks for your opinions and advice ahead of time.
Ok. My assumptions led me wrong. I see parts are available.

So, on to the second question. Can I convert this over to a 2.5? All opinions and advice welcomed.

First it's a .15 tmaxx. Second the only parts you might not find are the narrow arms. All other .15 parts are on the tmaxx classic 2.5.

The current 3.3 is longer.

Ebay has everything you need. You can go .15-.18 side exhaust or 2.5 rear exhaust. The 2.5 wide max a arms will work on the .15 and make it more stable.
S4012676.JPG

That’s an awesome build TMAXX. Thank you for the knowledge on the wide maxx arms. I just happen to have a back upset for my wife maxx in my tool box. That’s a definite gonna do due to the dimensions of this chassis. Thanks again

Chubaka, thanks for the correction on my typo. The world still turns however. But, I’ll be sure to not post a pic of the completed project with the savage body and after market motor that came with this package. lol

Seriously, Thanks for the advice on eBay as well.

Do either of you guys know where I might find a schematic with the parts and item numbers like they include in the boxes now? I’ve found an owners manual on eBay. But, I don’t think the schematic is in the manual if it’s like what comes with a new purchase.

I appreciate your efforts in trying to help. I’ve got a base chassis here. Drive shafts, transmission, and both the front differentials and drive axles are intact. But, nothing else. So, a schematic that lists the parts numbers would be awesome. And save some time.

Last edited: