tires and rims???

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaxMudSlinger

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Best tires for mud and wet dirt?
Best Tires for street?
dest tires for sand and gravel?

Whos got the answers?

OH oh best rims for each?

Scott

Come on now someone has something on this Where yall all gone off to?

Man, there's so many choices. I like the Mashers I put on my Rustler. On the E and T Maxx, I run stock 3.3 tires and rims. They're taller then the 2.5 chevrons, adding to ground clearance and top end. Takes a little outta the steering servo, but a 2075 and a rx pack solved that and then some. If you have a 3.3, then this is useless to ya! I'd like to hear and see some other combo's myself.

Mud/dirt=Big Joe's/Stock 3.3 Traxxas tires
Pavement=Pro-line Road Rage 40 series or get really serious and go for some Imex foams
Sand/Gravel=Pro-Line Paddles

or try google.com

J/K! hope that helps!

Idk I love the stock 3.3 tires but I hate how they pop off the rims I was thinking about getting the stock summit wheel set the have a bead lock and are a little bigger but I've read what people were saying n they balloon really bad at high speeds but are amazing for mud/dirt/jumping/climbing... let me know what you go with I'm curious myself..?

Onestly for all those applications I would choose the stock tires and rims that come off the t-maxx 2.5. I have the stocks on mine and they can take a 15 mph hit of the curb. JMO

Idk I love the stock 3.3 tires but I hate how they pop off the rims I was thinking about getting the stock summit wheel set the have a bead lock and are a little bigger but I've read what people were saying n they balloon really bad at high speeds but are amazing for mud/dirt/jumping/climbing... let me know what you go with I'm curious myself..?

Pop off the rims? Do you have them glued? The Summit tires are way to soft for general bashing and the rims are fake bead locks. Still glued on.

I run stock 2.5 maxx rims/wheels on my rigs. Been using them for years. They are great for grass and pavement. They do suck pretty bad on loose stuff though, but I have a set of losi zombie maxx on 2.5 maxx rims that work really good for that.

I'm thinking about changing and starting to use RPM rims as I've cracked a few traxxas rims over the past year. Just haven't actually ordered any yet... I really need to stop procrastinating!

+1 for the Losi ZombieMaxx's! Also, you can sipe the tires like I have, to allow the tread bars to flex and conform easier to the surface at hand. Like this...

DSC00001.jpg