Losi Mini B questions

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FireDrake001

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I have a Mini B. It is a wonderful vehicle but I have a few complaints and was wondering if anyone has done anything that has fixed these two problems I have. First of all, how have you guys kept your Mini B with a Dynamite 2 in 1 system cool? There really is not any room for a fan and a heatsink itself is like nonexistent for a system this small. What have you done to address this problem? When I am racing or just driving in anything above 60 Fahrenheit it just gets pretty hot being 6000kv. Second is the tires. What tires are best for offroading and racing? The Mini T tires? I have mini t tires but the grips just die so quickly and I am getting annoyed changing to flat worn tires for the street and Mini T tires for for my backyard dirt track.

I have a Mini B. It is a wonderful vehicle but I have a few complaints and was wondering if anyone has done anything that has fixed these two problems I have. First of all, how have you guys kept your Mini B with a Dynamite 2 in 1 system cool? There really is not any room for a fan and a heatsink itself is like nonexistent for a system this small. What have you done to address this problem? When I am racing or just driving in anything above 60 Fahrenheit it just gets pretty hot being 6000kv. Second is the tires. What tires are best for offroading and racing? The Mini T tires? I have mini t tires but the grips just die so quickly and I am getting annoyed changing to flat worn tires for the street and Mini T tires for for my backyard dirt track.
Actually, even though its not Losi factory parts, you can get a fan mount and fan for it: (mount) https://www.ebay.com/itm/304781805628?hash=item46f669483c:g:uEUAAOSwYThj0X3F&var=603801489280 (fan): https://www.amainhobbies.com/hobbyw...Mpa-XYVm6GOJiteEbUCqDnwdXUCNlToRoC4uUQAvD_BwE and, almost any 20MM ESC fan will work with that mount, but, most fans that size only run on up to 2S power. As for tires, look for JConcepts Scorpios, or Pro-Line Wedge's, or do the 8MM to 12MM hex conversion: https://www.ebay.com/itm/234362397527 I think it looks goofy with the bigger tires and wheels, but, some seem to like it.

s-l1600.jpg

For the heat issue, I have 0 idea. I run the same motor in mine and had no heat issues before.

As for tires, what are you running the car on? I ran mine on the street and sidewalk and the stock rear tires are now slicks which I use at my local indoor clay track (with traction compound) Stock fronts are holding up just fine. I use PL Prisms and Wedges for my local carpet track. The car has either way to much traction on the carpet, or it just likes to wheelie so I'm looking into some small metal or brass weights for the front. I also have JConcepts Ellipse rears for it, never tried them out before.

Also for the heat issue, if you dont have one already, invest in a infrared temp gun. Really helpful tool for your tool box. Got mine from harbor freight for 20 bucks.

If your gearing isn't crazy-
Mine used to run warm but after cleaning out all the extra grease in the trans and getting it rolling smoother (way to much/to thick stock) it helped a bunch. Are sure your rollin free? Just a small tip. Take it or leave it.
I don't have any rec on tires. Small tread on a small tire is just gonna wear fast in most cases, nature of the beast.
Good luck!

Back