Throttle Return Spring - Slide Carb

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes, the spring can be attached to the servo horn

Attaching the spring to the servo horn is pointless. What happens if the ball cup pops off the carb?

On my touring cars I use cheap rubber bands wrapped twice around the carb body and run around the throttle linkage mount on the slide just below the ballcup. I replace the rubber bands everytime I clean & re-oil the airfilter which is every race.

indy - thanks for the heads up, i will most likely try your idea for safety, however, the track i race at wont let u do that as your only safety, they are idiots.

How about running a spring from the carb arm to the HSN?? That is how HPI does it on the Savage.

I need a Throttle Return Spring for my TMAXX. Can someone PLEASE send me a pic of how and where t o install the damn thing? I was told to use a spring from a Pen or mechanical pencil.HELP:wtf: :wtf:

Great points from Error and others. I use a heavy spring out of a pen and it works great. I've tested it and the stock Traxxas Servo can't overcome it. If I was running a Strong Servo like a MG Digital or something similar it wouldn't work. The Stock Traxxas servos are pretty weak but they work well for weaker jobs like throttle and break.

Peace

Originally posted by Nitroaddict
sorry about the killed kitten, NC. as for all that asked, here are the answers to the questions, maybe this will help u help me, as i stillhave no idea where to put it.

yes, they do a visual, and mechanical inspection

they check to make sure the TRS actually works. No visual only.

yes, the spring can be attached to the servo horn

no, an o ring cannot be used.

help.......

I would talk to the inspector about why O ring cannot be used. As long it's fully functional and pasted inspection, I don't see why can't you use a o ring. I think a O ring on the carb arm is a lot more safe than a TRS on a servo arm. The only thing I think they will worry about is that the O ring get old an riot and break, but O ring are very cheap and last for a pretty long time, just look it over and make sure it's fresh. I'm sure they should allow you to use one if you show them that it works and whats the pro about using it....

kevmtx3