This NiMHbattery deal any good???

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rjcalnan

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey guys - I'm a REAL newbie here, since I don't even have a truck yet (holdin' out for the Savage25 RTR)

But I found this deal on batteries and was curious if it was any good or not. I know FastEddy is the resident battery supplier/knowledge guy, so not trying to steal any thunder, it just sounds TOO good to be true:

http://www.batteryspace.com/product.asp?3=246

laterz...
rich

These are the batteries that I am currently holding stock in and they have been nothing less than spectacular.
http://www.nimhbattery.com/lm-pro415-23.htm

I am not knocking the batteries you found but be warned, if something seems too good to be true then it probably is. Those batteries are selling for $1 each and it seems a little cheap.

This is a great deal and should go for it!
They are a good company and have a great product.

before I clicked the buy button, i'd give them a call on the phone and see if the batteries are in stock.

also, since you're holding out for the Savage 25 anyway, did you see the 15min rechargeable nimh system that is due out in stores in october? we don't know what the mah rating is yet, but they claim long life and if you can recharge in 15min... why not?

i need some nimh batts too, but i think i'll hold out for the 15min thing. *shrug*

I think you got a little over zealous with the 0 key there eddy.

Originally posted by robriguez
Just called Rayovac again (1-800-237-7000) ... The I-C3 batteries are 2000Mah.

That pretty much settles it for me. I'm waiting until October for the I-C3 system from Rayovac.

Just wishing.

What still isn't known is how fast and how hard they will dump. Usually, the faster they charge the faster they will dump.

We will let you do the testing, get a good failsafe before you install them.

Last edited:
well...I don't know how long that deal I found will be good, but I'll go with whatever FastEddy tells me to for my truck

If the Rayovac's are it, then great - if not, then I'll get whatever it takes.

Should be fun this fall - lots of leaves on the ground to play in!!!

laterz...
rich