Good deal / Bad deal?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gabskee

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hey Guys, I'm looking to grab a 2nd truck with a 3.3, Locally i have found a Tmaxx with the following description:

tmxx.JPG

This is a used tmaxx 3.3 4908 in good running conditon. It has about four gallons run through it and has a few brand new accessories such as: traxxas digital waterproof steering servo and traxxas waterproof high torque throttle servo. It also comes with front and rear blue golden horizen bulkheads, and front and rear duratrax skidplates also in blue. IT comes with many parts tools and accsesories here is the list: 2 air filters, air filter oil, shock oil, diff oil,tmaxx tools, 4 proline badland tires on 4 traxxas rims,6 integy alloy a arms (4upper,2lower), controller, ezstart wiring harness,tmaxx suspension tuning spacers, ezstart controller, ezstart motor,2 bulkhead braces,2 shocktowers,bumper mounts, 3 bumpers,2front skidplates, wheelie bar, 8 red integy piggyback shocks,6 bulkheads,6 a arms (3upper,3lower) also comes with a backup engine with 2 gallons run through it, also running on 20%. THere is also a bunch of tools and other stuff: screws and bearings, traxxas temp gauge,tuning screwdrivers, hex tools, tire wrench, glow wrench, plier, glow igniter and charger, 2 ezstart batteries and charger, rtv gasket for sealing engine, wd 40, lock tite, glow plugs.

Hes asking for $360 USD, From my knowledge this looks like quite the deal. Any thoughts? good deal? bad deal?

As far as the truck goes, it looks like a decent deal, but Id be cautious about buying a 2nd hand truck with 4 gallons through it.......I've been stung personally with a crappy motor in a truck.

That said, he does look like he knows what he's doing so the chances are the motor has been well looked after......

any time you buy a nitro, consider doing a motor swap. specially at 4 gallons. it does look like a clean rig. he mentions alot of parts, but all i see is a stock t-max, so its hard to say. that kit brand new cost $379.00, then you can add the hop-ups as you like, alot of that stuff you'll probly never use. and 4 gallons is a good amount of time.. i would like to see it a little less

I agree....I wouldn't do it. I would rather get one new for almost the same price. Not only the A-arms he is so proud of are just waiting for the garbage bin. Aluminum arm are not the greatest upgrade....Integy A-arms.....not worth the time installing the monkey metal on your ride. Buy a new for that price....just my opinion though.

I agree with buying brand new.Most of my trucks were bought brand new only a few were bought used..I got my T Maxx extended version for $365 w/shipping on ebay and it was shipped pretty fast.My Revo was $419.....I had Integy skidplates and bumpers on my MGT and they lasted 2 bashing sessions before bending up so badly it jambed up the steering bellcrank so I went back to the stock ones and just used the bumper covers for a lil bling recovery..Dont get screwed;-Buy new..

This is what it looked like the first day out of the box before break-in

100-0574.gif

They get to look like this in no time at all..[week 3] 3.3 is chucked for a Sirio .27 midblock

x-15taillightassy016.gif

Then after driving it your style, breaking it and making it bulletproof the right way it gets to look like this..bashed up , bad ass and ready for some crazy action...[week 15]

x-15taillightassy301.gif

Bash em , crash em , break em and remake em.....Thats all part of the Fun...

Last edited:
365 is a little to much my friend has a one for sale for like 300 pluss shipping it has a alloy chassis and 1gallon thru it and has like 8bodys 3sets of wheels and some extras

The thing that interests me is all the extras, like the extra 3.3, glow heaters, 7.2 batteries, temp gauge, waterproof servos. I was pretty sure i was going to grab it, though you guys have steered me away from it. probably for the better, ill have to look for something cooler.

i see your point with the extras. i have bought used plenty of times, but have had better luck with new stuff. i would try to wheel and deal with the guy if you really want it. explain the facts about buying used nitros and the amount of time it has, then kindly give him links to other t-max's on ebay so he can see that he's asking a little too much. if you can get him to $300, maybe it would be worth it.. but then again i always think there is nothing like opeing a fresh box for an extra $60.00.. if you really want it, just start gabbing with the guy in a freindly tone. if he wants to sell it, he'll give you a more fair price..

Yeah I thinking instead I can just grab a RTR Nitro Stampede, and a shwack load of parts for my Slayer & Street Force parts to rebuild the used one I'm getting from motogod & a few odds & Ends things I need. I agree I think a Brand new Out of the box feeling for not only a rig but all my extra tools and stuff will always be more exciting.

just get a new one man. I'm all for buying used but like everyone else is saying, for that price ur better off buying new. if u are lloking for used i am willing to sell my tmaxx with no motor for $150 shipped let me know if interested.

Heck I'd sell you a Revo with parts and goodies for that much...but yeah I'd say steer clear.