The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got in my AMain order when I came home from school

They threw in a free Fall Catalog for me. Now I be collecting them. I got that and I have the ProTek catalog from last month. Idk why, But I like looking through them, seeing what I could get but don't have money for

That's how we lived before the internet. 🤣

True that
I was born after google.
I was using computers by around 3.
Your older than google so that means you know more and better? 🤣 True or False?

Well I know more because we had to learn, we couldn't just rely on Google. 🤔

Got in my AMain order when I came home from school

They threw in a free Fall Catalog for me. Now I be collecting them. I got that and I have the ProTek catalog from last month. Idk why, But I like looking through them, seeing what I could get but don't have money for
When I was a kid, we called the annual Christmas catalogs: Wish-books

So next time I need an answer @Doom! Is where I'm going!
I'll Google it for you! 🤣

Seriously, I wish we had easy access to info like the internet we we were growing up, only without the time suck of social media.

I told you guys about my buddy that lives in NYC, he is the guy that has sent me 4 guitars now. Great guy and refuses anything in return.
Just my friendship is all he has ever asked for.
Well his Birthday is two days after mine and he sent me a guitar for my birthday so I am sending him a new guiter for his birthday.
Just a little night light for his man cave.

81srbj3IoSL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

He will love it Kev, the micro's are a kick in the arse to fly. I fly mine at a soccer park a block from us.

I have a pair of beautiful caps sitting there that don't get used, they will now. :cool:
I hope he really takes to it. If so I want to get him a nicer one.

The training mode is the best feature on those. He will have a blast.

Weller WE1010
Highly recommended.

I "solder for a living" so will not use anything from amazon.

(I design electronics for a living and repair stuff for a hobby. But I do a LOT of soldering - everything from 0402 surface mount, SOIC14, to large wires and terminals.)

Weller WE1010
Highly recommended.

I "solder for a living" so will not use anything from amazon.

(I design electronics for a living and repair stuff for a hobby. But I do a LOT of soldering - everything from 0402 surface mount, SOIC14, to large wires and terminals.)
But the Weller WE1010 is available on Amazon...

I kid I kid! 🤣

I didn't buy this, but it is a b-day present from @Greywolf74. I have had these 2 kits in my wishlist on Amain for a few years. They are SUPER nice kits, and much nicer than I expected. But dammit, now I have to put these tiny kits together. Holy cow. Will do an unboxing vid when Breydon returns.
20231122_140824.jpg

Here are some sneak peaks at the scale of these kits. These are just the cutest little tires! And definitely RC grade, super squishy tires.
20231122_141157.jpg

Laser etched detail parts, and the side panels and details for the trailer are laser etched and silkscreened! Meaning no decals 😉 So cool. First is the truck grille.
20231122_141514.jpg

The trailer details. These are a really thin aluminum sheet, laser etched.
20231122_141021.jpg

The plastic hardbodies are really, really nice as well.
20231122_140937.jpg

20231122_141544.jpg

20231122_141548.jpg

Let the fun begin.

I didn't buy this, but it is a b-day present from @Greywolf74. I have had these 2 kits in my wishlist on Amain for a few years. They are SUPER nice kits, and much nicer than I expected. But dammit, now I have to put these tiny kits together. Holy cow. Will do an unboxing vid when Breydon returns.
View attachment 175469

Here are some sneak peaks at the scale of these kits. These are just the cutest little tires! And definitely RC grade, super squishy tires.
View attachment 175472

Laser etched detail parts, and the side panels and details for the trailer are laser etched and silkscreened! Meaning no decals 😉 So cool. First is the truck grille.
View attachment 175474

The trailer details. These are a really thin aluminum sheet, laser etched.
View attachment 175477

The plastic hardbodies are really, really nice as well.
View attachment 175470
View attachment 175475
View attachment 175476

Let the fun begin.
THAT..... IS....... AMAZING!!!!!!!

Back