The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The standard Micro-T transmission case should handle the brushless power. Mine handled the 10250kV until I added the aluminum one for bling factor.

I tried a chromebook before picking up a tablet 5 years or so ago. Then though, I think the screen was 10", but still was too small for what it was. 10.1 on a tablet got us by for a few years.

Ordered a new motor for my micro-t, just the high-roller/DT motor. Hopefully the worn atomik bb II is what's causing my overheating issue. Guessing 170F motor can isn't good... doesn't smell good.

I tried a chromebook before picking up a tablet 5 years or so ago. Then though, I think the screen was 10", but still was too small for what it was. 10.1 on a tablet got us by for a few years.
I really wanted a Dell Chromebook 13 but just couldn't justify the price. The Acer is only a 11.2" but should suffice just fine for light use for when I need to meet someone out and about or while I travel. My everyday machine is going to remain my desktop.

I have a Chromebox out in the garage and love it and serves it's purpose very nicely and will likely get another or move that one out to the shed when I run electric to it.

Broke down and Bought Star Wars Episode VII on Blu Ray. Getting ready to watch it.

What software do you use olds?

I've used Pavtube BDmagic for a while, and am quite happy with it.

I think my wife ordered me that one a few days ago. Hoping I can rip it for my media server now that the company that makes the software is out of business...
I couldn't get the Blu-Ray ripped, but did manage to get the DVD ripped and on the network.

Just finished watched it 10 minutes ago for the 2nd time at home.. 3rd time overall..
Will be available to buy here in The NL coming saturday.

slySoft anydvd HD. I'm 99% sure it does/did something pavtube didn't do, which is why I went with it instead.

One thing I am missing from pavtube is more than one audio track. When I rip animated movies I like to have both the original language and Danish available

Well, apparently in my sleepy stupor at 2am this morning, I ordered parts on ebay.
micro-SCT front/rear ring/pinion and some 3mm shims to build a metal sun gear diff for the micro-t. Pretty sure the one in mine has issues as it's very notchy when I rotate the wheels without the motor attached. And I guess I have it jb-welded or something because there isn't any diff action.

Hope I ordered the right stuff. With that, the alloy trans case with input shaft bearings and a full replacement of all other gears in the trans, it will hopefully help my micro-t coast a lot more freely as now, when I let off the throttle, the rear tires slide. lol.

Finally got around to installing the rear monster lower control arms on the 1:1 I bought a while back. Before and after. New ones weigh close to 3x as much as factory.

99A1802E-E5E9-4B40-A0CC-F0BBAC6AF27E_zpsicv5rd4y.jpg

Back