The Boats!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gnarkill

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
downsized_0707091727.jpg

downsized_0707091727a.jpg

downsized_0707091728.jpg

downsized_0707091731.jpg

downsized_0707091731a.jpg

downsized_0707091732.jpg

downsized_0707091737.jpg

downsized_0707091737a.jpg

downsized_0707091738.jpg

0707091739.jpg

Thats them.

Nice collection. No electrics?

Well, There not mine, even though I know them inside and out. There my dads he made them before I was even born. Motors are barely broken in but electric isn't really his thing.

Last edited:
You need to be like "Dad I think it is time you let me have those boats, I will promise to drive them like I stole them." lol

Just need a place to run now.

I really need to get or build a boat. I've got plenty places to run one but no boat to run. My dad use to have all kinds of motors for boats and planes but he got ride of them without telling me.

I've never seen an engine that had a carb in that spot before:
downsized_0707091738.jpg

Is that a marine specific engine? Looks kind of cool.

I've never seen an engine that had a carb in that spot before:
downsized_0707091738.jpg

Is that a marine specific engine? Looks kind of cool.

Yeah. All nitro motors or that I have seen are for a specific reason. Since it has the water cooled head it doesn't need a cooling head like for cars. Also, since it uses the bump start on the flywheel it doesn't need a pull start/starting shaft on that side of the motor so the carb can go there. I never really looked into that. That and the V hull have the same motor in them can't really tell but if you like I can take some more pictures of the engine

No, that's ok. Just thought it looked way different than any other RC engine I've seen before. The cooling system is normal for a boat, but the carb being mounted where the starter would go kind of boggles my mind a bit. I wonder how it times the fuel/air ratio in the crank case. On a normal 2 cycle RC engine, you have a timing hole in the crank shaft to load the charge into the crank case.

Kind of cool to see some of those older methods.

No, that's ok. Just thought it looked way different than any other RC engine I've seen before. The cooling system is normal for a boat, but the carb being mounted where the starter would go kind of boggles my mind a bit. I wonder how it times the fuel/air ratio in the crank case. On a normal 2 cycle RC engine, you have a timing hole in the crank shaft to load the charge into the crank case.

Kind of cool to see some of those older methods.

Just found K&B's website...heres some that are the same style too. http://www.mecoa.com/kb/marine/marine_inboard.htm both of the nitros have a K&B 70 in them.

cool boats looking like they would be fun to play with