A gift of a boat...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZaneC

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
Last night I was talking to someone, and they offered me a boat. I said I'd like to see it, so they brought it over. Well... he just plain gave it to me. Here it is. A Proboat Stealthwake.
IMG_20240114_094904094~2.jpg

Last night I was talking to someone, and they offered me a boat. I said I'd like to see it, so they brought it over. Well... he just plain gave it to me. Here it is. A Proboat Stealthwake.View attachment 178997
I need new friends 🤣

Now here's the big question: should I keep it, or should I sell it?

Guess that depends. Got somewhere to run it? Here in the MN, I can walk out the back door and play. Lol.

Seriously, it was free. Trying to sell it not working won't net you much. It's 200.00 new. Even if you figure out the issues, it'll cost a few bucks. Might break even. I say fix it. Play with it. You might find a new addiction. Lol.

Found the parts, but it would be $40 to fix. But I'm broke... cuz I spent money on my TRX4M.😁

Only keep it if you will use it. You don't have to fix it right away, but maybe start saving a bit so you can break it out this summer.

I wish I had someplace practical to run a boat.

Last edited:
40 bucks is reasonable. When you have the money fix it. Give it a try. If it's not for you, sell it. Should be able to get more than that for it.

If you decide to sell it let me know. :)
Oh I will.
Well, I just need a servo for it to run like new. The motor just needed to be tuned.

Last edited:
Just tested it out. All it needs are servo gears, or a new servo. Other than that, its pretty good.