The Beer And Man Cave Thread

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I drank I always drank captain morgans and coke. I also liked ice 101. I would put away a half gallon of captain morgans over the course of two days by myself. I had what some may have called an alcohol problem. I quit drinking all together about 2 months after I quit smoking. Did both cold turkey. Was tired of spending all this money on drinking and smokes. I was sick of waking up every morning feeling sick because I had drank too much the night before or just staying up all night and feeling like a hung over zombie the next day. Actually the 27th of this month will be my one year anniversary for quitting drinking. Wow that went fast! And all the extra money I saved on quitting both my habits is why I am a member of this board.

Well done dude. :)

If I could only kick my sugar habit, according to new studies sugar is more addictive than cocaine. :whhooo:

When I drank I always drank captain morgans and coke. I also liked ice 101. I would put away a half gallon of captain morgans over the course of two days by myself. I had what some may have called an alcohol problem. I quit drinking all together about 2 months after I quit smoking. Did both cold turkey. Was tired of spending all this money on drinking and smokes. I was sick of waking up every morning feeling sick because I had drank too much the night before or just staying up all night and feeling like a hung over zombie the next day. Actually the 27th of this month will be my one year anniversary for quitting drinking. Wow that went fast! And all the extra money I saved on quitting both my habits is why I am a member of this board.

Congrats man its tough. I have many family members that have quit drinking its a battle but anyone can do it if they have the willpower.

I've always been a Molson Canadian guy...small town Alberta tends to do that. The past couple of years I've been branching out though. A sample of Rickards Dark on my birthday really kicked things into gear. Current faves:

Mill St. Brewery Coffee Porter
Alley Kat Amber Ale
Wild Rose Brewing Wraspberry Ale
Half Pints Phils Pils, Hop Head IPA

The brew I'm currently craving is a Surly Bender. Unfortunately, being outside of the Twin Cities, it's almost impossible to get my hands on...so I'm brewing my own. Another couple of weeks in the basement and it'll be ready to drink...finally. Might be planning a trip to Wisconsin to visit the brewery and finally get a taste of the real thing.

I would have to say raspberry and strawberry sky vodka is the only liquer I still drink here and there.. mixed with strawberry soda, makes for a good shot, I think. Me and the old lady might drink a 5th in 1-2 weeks taking a shot or 3 here and there. somedays dont even touch it. and for beer I drink bud, bud light, or bud ice been drinking it for a long time (not everyday) even though it might be a few months or more inbetween buying any beer.. I used to love drinking bicardi 151 either in shots or mixed with what ever concocktion worked for that night. l.o.l. capt morgans in shots or with coke, but I have always been a vodka fan for some reason... the 151 doesn't get touched but every couple years now, I learned my lesson!!!! Oh and maybe not a fav. but evverclear is an awsome way to get hammerd by 3-6 shots!!! but the wake up the following morning can kill ya!!

And congrats truggy83!!! I know a few paople that battle with that alot!!! and the addiction has been winning on a few of them.. Mostly alot of my uncles is what I see for alchoholics, hense why I dont drink alot anymore. I was able to drink way to much at the age of like 15 so I figured that was a road that I didnt want to go down!!!! and you know after you hit 21 drinking just isn't as fun as it used to be, does anyone else feel like that???

now this is a thread i can get into.

I only skimmed the thread, so i may have missed some, but..

I prefer malty, earthy beers over hoppy beers. I dont do many IPA or double IPA. the purple haze double ipa is pretty good though.

My default "I'm gonna have a beer while bbqing" or whatever is shiner. I live in texas though so its kind of required.

my fave, that is easy to find, is Santos. its very heavy though, so its better for colder weather.

another good one is made by magic hat, and its the #9. it has apricots in it, and its good stuff.

the shiner birthday beer taste like a chocolate shake. great beer, not so good with bbq....

I've tried many that i can't even remember. abita turbo dog is good, prickly pear, nooner, endeavor is a little hoppy for my taste. the "dirty brunette" at twin peaks is a nice one.

I need to go do a tour of the St. Arnold brewery.

Still love Shiner from my time in TX! I'll have to try that birthday beer if I can find it out here.
I'm an IPA guy, like blonde and amber also. Not real big on porters and stouts, although the Samuel Smith organic chocolate stout is pretty amazing.
My go to is New Belguim brewing's Fat Tire. Got turned onto that one in TX also, been my go to for about 15 years now.

The most interesting beer I've had was at a micro-brewery in Kansas. It was a pale ale with jalapeno called Lizzy Borden's Axe. A cold beer that make you break out in a hot sweat...

fat tire is nice too, that is the earthy malt flavor i was refering too. you should try santos. its made by st arnold.

All this beer talk is making me thirsty..
drunk.jpg

You know, Trout, It's illegal to get a fish drunk in Michigan...

St Arnold is my typical go-to brew including the weedwacker, lawnmower and brown ale.
Shiner bock, Guinness black and draught, yuengling or killians are my go to if St. Arnold isn't a choice.

I recently picked up some Convict Hill Oatmeal Stout and man that stuff was pretty serious.

For something light and crisp to just enjoy after a long day, you cannot beat Lindemans Pêche.

You know, Trout, It's illegal to get a fish drunk in Michigan...
Understandably so, impaired swimming can put other aquatic creatures at risk for serious injury or death..